News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Socotra] February Breeding Thread

Started by Hajaa Nora, February 03, 2014, 05:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hajaa Nora

Breeding on Socotra Island, due to the climate, is a year round event.

BREEDING RULES

1 - Breeding Season starts and ends at the beginning and ending of the month posted. Breedings can be submitted at any time during the breeding season month.

2 - Stallions may be bred unlimited.

3 - Mares can bred bred up to 2 times per breeding season. Either by natural breeding (without donor mare) or by donor mare. But may only be bred once by natural breeding.

4 - An Outcross Breeding Permit is needed for each breeding to an Outcross Breed**.

5 - You must have a donor mare to breed your Arabian, Half-Arabian or Part-Arabian to an Outcross Breed. You do not noeed a donor mare to breed Arabians, Half-Arab or Part-Arabs to each other, but you can use them if you like.

6 - Donor Mares can be used unlimited during a breeding season and ca be leased to other breeders. Donor Mares can be purchased for $3 USD or leased from Socotra Stud for 500k SG per breeding.

7 - A Breeding Barn Stall Rental is required for each breeding.

8 - Special Items must be submitted with the breeding request.
(Arriyahib Sap, Dendrosicyos Flower, Neophron Feather or Halah Challis)

9 - Each Breeder is allowed to register (claim) two foals per breeding season by regular registration.

10 - Breeders can purcahse addtioned registration applications (claims) if they would like to claim more than the 2 foal limit. They can be purchased for $5 USD or 500k SG, each. Unlimited purchases.

11 - Outcross Breeds:

- Thoroughbred
  - Shagya Arabian**
  - Pinto
  - Appaloosa
  - Welsh Pony
  - Morgan
  - American Saddlebred
  - Andalusian
  - Lusitano
  - Friesian
  - American Warmblood**
  - Trakehner**

**Are considered outcross breeds if owned by Socotra Stud.  Any player bred horse of this breed is not considered "Outcross" and does not require a Donor Mare to breed to them.

Breeding request: To submit a breeding.
[b]BREEDING REQUEST
Breeder:
Sire:
Dam:
Items Used:[/b]

Permission form: To give permission to breed to your stallion or to use your mare.
[b]PERMISSION FORM
Owner:
Horse:
Grants permission to:[/b]

Claim form: To claim a foal.
[b]CLAIM FORM:
Breeder:
Foal Description:

Transfer form: To give permission for someone else to claim your foal.
[b]TRANSFER FORM:
Breeder:
Foal Description:
Tranferring to:

ITEMS THREAD
http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=9679.msg188828#msg188828

Edit: Edited Rules...
Socotra Island

Sarah Badr

I'm going to try and get some new groups templated this week.

Silvanon

Ok, first I'd like to name my two babies from last season:

Certificate of Registered Name
ID: 052. Half Arabian Chestnut Rabicano Stallion.
Name: Flash Step

Certificate of Registered Name
ID: 057. Bay Rabicano Straight Egyptian Mare
Name: Gracie

BREEDING REQUEST
Breeder: Silvanon
Sire: Flash Step
Dam: Gracie
Items Used:
Breeding Barn Stall Renta - 100 SG
Dendrosicyos Flower - 50,000 SG
Arriyahib Sap - 100,000 SG

Edit to remove item I don't need. :)

Sarah Badr

Quote from: Silvanon on February 03, 2014, 07:59:12 PM

Outcross Breeding Permit - 3000 SG (not 100% sure I need this one?)

[/b]

Nope  :)

Silvanon

Ok, cool.   Don't worry about a refund on the fee, I don't mind.  :)

SGA

OK a couple questions.

1. On the items list page, it says "Donor Mare is required when you would like to breed your purebred Arabian horse to a non-Arabian horse (including if you are breeding Arabian Mares)"

But what if i want to breed arabian to arabian, but I just want to use the donor mare so I can breed the arabian mare twice?  I thought I saw something to this affect before, but can't find where now/am unsure if I was misunderstanding.

2. In 'this' thread, #3 says "Mares can have 1 foal by natural birth, or 1 foal by natural birth and 1 by donor mare or 2 foals by donor mare, per season (even if her foal does not get registered)"

So is the donor mare being used (as per my question number 1) to breed the arab mare to two different stallions in one season?

Or is number 3 meaning if I breed arab mare with a stallion, and use a twin breeding item, then I also need a donor mare, due to using the twin item?

Or does the twin item allow a mare to have 2 natural born foals for the season instead of one?

3. What is the price to purchase a donor mare outright, instead of lease?  And where/how would we order a brand, in a thread, or in pm's?

OK I think that's it, for now lol
Storm Chasers: Equipping/Training event : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=6559.0
Storm Chaser's Stat Allocation: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=8619.0
Storm Chasers: Customs Thread (Closed) : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0

Sarah Badr

Quote from: SGA on February 04, 2014, 02:58:11 AM
OK a couple questions.

1. On the items list page, it says "Donor Mare is required when you would like to breed your purebred Arabian horse to a non-Arabian horse (including if you are breeding Arabian Mares)"

But what if i want to breed arabian to arabian, but I just want to use the donor mare so I can breed the arabian mare twice?  I thought I saw something to this affect before, but can't find where now/am unsure if I was misunderstanding.

2. In 'this' thread, #3 says "Mares can have 1 foal by natural birth, or 1 foal by natural birth and 1 by donor mare or 2 foals by donor mare, per season (even if her foal does not get registered)"

So is the donor mare being used (as per my question number 1) to breed the arab mare to two different stallions in one season?

Or is number 3 meaning if I breed arab mare with a stallion, and use a twin breeding item, then I also need a donor mare, due to using the twin item?

Or does the twin item allow a mare to have 2 natural born foals for the season instead of one?

3. What is the price to purchase a donor mare outright, instead of lease?  And where/how would we order a brand, in a thread, or in pm's?

OK I think that's it, for now lol

You can lease the Donor mare for 500k SG or buy her for $3.

Yes, you can use the Donor mare for Arab to Arab breeding.

Okay;

Arab to Arab bred naturally and/or Donor mare.
Arab to Half-Arab bred naturally and/or Donor mare.
Arab to Part-Arab bred naturally and/or Donor mare.
Arab to Arab-Cross breeds (i.e. Hispano-Arabe) bred naturally and/or Donor mare.
Arab to Non-Arab breeds (i.e. Andalusian), Donor mare ONLY.
Half-Arab to Non-Arab breeds, Donor mare only.
Part-Arab to Non-Arab breeds, Donor mare only.
Arab-Cross breeds to Non-Arab breeds, Donor mare only.

And yes you can use the Arriyahib Sap for both mare and donor mare to get 4 foals.  You can also use other player's stallions and/or mares....just like any other adoptable. 

PM me about the brand.  :)

SGA

OK first, please tell me if I did this wrong.. 2 different breedings, each using a donor mare, so.. 4 barn rentals total?  2 Arriyahib Sap's for each breeding (one for each mare, and one for each donor mare).  2 each Neophron Feather's and Dendrosicyos Flower's for each breeding (one feather and flower for each mare, one feather and flower for each donor mare).  And of course, a donor mare lease for each breeding.

BREEDING REQUEST
Breeder: Kadana Sorano
Sire: Abu Shukulaat
Dam: Om Hamra
Items Used:
1 x Breeding Barn Stall Rental 100sg
1 x Arriyahib Sap 100k sg
1 x Neophron Feather 50k sg
1 x Dendrosicyos Flower 50k sg

BREEDING REQUEST
Breeder: Kadana Sorano
Sire: Abu Iswid
Dam: Daisy (Conroy's mare, he said he will get her named today)
Items Used:
1 x Breeding Barn Stall Rental 100sg
1 x Arriyahib Sap 100k sg
1 x Neophron Feather 50k sg
1 x Dendrosicyos Flower 50k sg

I think that comes to 400,200sg (which has been sent to the Hajaa Nora account.  Let me know if I did the math wrong please.

EDIT: Because I'm silly lol
Storm Chasers: Equipping/Training event : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=6559.0
Storm Chaser's Stat Allocation: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=8619.0
Storm Chasers: Customs Thread (Closed) : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0

Sarah Badr

Hey guys, I need to redo my spreadsheet and then i'll roll your foals. It's one of the files I put on my flashdrive that I now can't open.  :-\

Silvanon

Sarah Badr

Sorry guys I haven't done more....I've still got to totally redo my database and going to have to reinstall my PS again....  :-\

Sarah Badr

Yay my PS is finished installing.....AGAIN  :o

Hajaa Nora

I'm going to try and simply the rules.....will have to figure it all out. I really wanted the adoptable to be based on realistic life rules....but it seems to make things too complicated for everyone.

8)
Socotra Island

Silvanon

That might be a good idea.  I'm excited to see the results of my breeding, whenever it gets here! :)

Hajaa Nora

Only 2 days left to submit your breedings for the Feb. breeding season. The plan is to have a breeding season every other month.

I've tried to make the rules simpler for everyone....hope it helps.

I will be releasing at least one new breed/pose in March.

Socotra Island

DawnStar7

Egads!   :o  February has run away from me!  I have no idea where the month went...seriously.  I'll try to decide on breedings before it ends.

Bunraku

BREEDING REQUEST
Breeder: Bunraku
Sire: 045. Straight Old Egyptian Grey Stallion
Dam: 021. Straight New Egyptian Black Mare
Items Used: Certificate of Registration,Breeding Barn Stall Rental

BREEDING REQUEST
Breeder: Bunraku
Sire: 042. Straight New Egyptian Grey Stallion
Dam: 031. Straight Old Egyptian Black Mare
Items Used: Certificate of Registration,Breeding Barn Stall Rental