News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{Sleeping Ocean} Carols on the Tide (New Raffle Task!)

Started by Sleeping Ocean, December 13, 2013, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping Ocean

Hello everyone! Despite the fact that I still have quite a bit of catching up to do with this adoptable (and don't worry...I am definitely working on things daily to get them done, from customs to importing and old event prizes) I still wanted to hold some sort of Christmas event for you all. While I can't do a large scale gift giving event (though I honestly wish I could, maybe next year with more prep!) there will be lots of free events, games, frankes, and prizes. Despite the fact that I will be holding flat sales in this thread, It is my hope that everyone who participates in the games will walk away with a gift of some sort ! ^.^

That being said, I would like to introduce the new Christmas Gypsy items for the Siren! I wanted to do something a little unconventional, and gypsy outfits came to mind (also...because my love of ribbons could come through.) These items are event-only, but not to worry, you will be able to obtain them through other means in the future! ^.^

Here are two of my Siren, Gillian and Flurry, modeling the new outfits and two new hair styles to go with them (The female hair can also be worn by males, just without the ribbon...unless you really want it! XD). I hope you guys like them as much as I do! The full set includes new ear jewelry and everything you see these two wearing.

Sleeping Ocean

Long Running Events & Daily Games

The Siren's Carol
Music is the lifeblood of the Siren, and their songs can be heard drifting across the vast expanse of the ocean regardless of the time of year. Winter is no different, and perhaps singing becomes even more important to them as it drives away the bitter chill of the cold. Sailors have often reported hearing the strange and haunting sound of a Siren singing a Christmas Carol echoing in the silence of a frosty morning. Though it is doubtful that they understand what 'Christmas' means to humans...it is said that they give it their own special meaning to the celebration.

To enter this contest, post your favorite Christmas Carol and a short story or description of what this song means to the Siren singing it. Be creative! Winners will receive a Siren based on their song and story, and will be chosen randomly from December well into January.

Form:
Owner:
Song:
Short Excerpt of song that inspires:
Your Siren's Story:
Colors you like:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Cold Heart of Winter

http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=564549
There is a female Siren reputed to have a heart of ice. She holds all who try to befriend her beneath a chilly regard, and will allow none to come near. She has often been known to sneer at others during this time of year, and to claim that the winter celebrations are for idealists and children. Can her opinion be changed?

The person who manages to warm her heart will take her home, and she will become a part of their pod. To enter, post a link to an inspiring Christmas story or video that will show her the meaning of kindness and warmth. (It can be non-Christmas related as well)
Ends on December 25th

Sleeping Ocean

Gift Bottle Raffle
It seems the Siren have been busy finding inventive ways to give each other gifts and Christmas wishes... rather than sending cards (which would get rather damp...) they have resorted to sending presents in a bottle!

Each bottle contains a Christmas Gypsy Siren. More prizes will be added as more people enter! This is a free raffle, and you will be given tasks every few days to complete in thread in order to get another entry. (I got the idea for the tasks from you SPO, hope you don't mind <3) Tasks must be completed by the end of each Secundi day in order to receive that entry.

Task 1: Post your user name in Bold green
Task 2: Find an image of some strange or unusual wrapping paper and post a link in the thread with the words Strange Paper in blue above. (To be completed by 10:00 Secundi Time 12/16)
Task 3: Find an image of something peacock themed that is not an actual peacock (It can be shaped like a peacock as long as it is not the actual living bird) Post Peacock in bold purple above your entry.

Entrants
(numbers beside your name will represent how many tickets you have)

PonyMama (1)
DawnStar7 (2)
Kadana Sorano (2)
Midnight Phantom (2)
Winged (1)
Riverwind (2)
Figment (2)
Saturnalia (2)
Lectral (1)
SkySong (1)
Rosedawn (2)
Wildfilly94 (2)
Silvanon (2)
SweetCaroline (2)
toffeca (2)
Scullisto (2)
Country (2)
Kahlira (2)
sera (1)
springacers (1)
BabyKittenCandy (2)
Conroy (1)

Prizes:

Sleeping Ocean

Gift Bottle Flatsales

Sleeping Ocean

USD/SG Flatsales & Auctions

USD Flatsales OPEN

Rules
1. You may claim as many USD siren as you want.
2. Please post code name when claiming. (Bolding or colors do not matter)
3. USD to be sent within 5 hours after claim. Please PM me for paypal details.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Auctions

Rules
1. Please use the color and code name of Siren when bidding
2. You may bid on both auctions
3. Payment for USD by paypal only within 24 hours of auction end time

Past Auctions
USD Quick Auction: Roses In Winter-$8 Won by Lectral-Paid
SG Auction: Voodoo Rose-2mil Won by PM-Paid

Sleeping Ocean

Mine just in case >>;; You may post while I set up ^.^

PonyMama

Beautiful edits
and you don't have to be crazy like me but maybe do like I do with my xmas shopping in RL, colour something every once in a while and just put it away for an event at the end of the year

Sleeping Ocean

Really good idea PM <3 I will definitely keep that in mind so I can have a stockpile waiting for something big. And thank you for the compliment! ^.^

Ryuukokoro

Yaaaaay I miss these guys! :D Maybe I'll get my first!

Sleeping Ocean

You will Ryuu, no worries! <33 Glad to see you here! ^.^

If anyone can tell me the code to use to make forms selectable, I would be eternally grateful O.O;;

Figment

[*code][/code*]

Without the asterisks. If that's what you're trying to do?

Sleeping Ocean

Sleeping Ocean

Games and two auctions have been posted!

PonyMama

DawnStar7

Kadana Sorano

Oh Bun, the edits are beautiful!  But am I weird that I think the bottle is the best thing?  It's just so gosh darn pretty, and has such detail for such a small image.  It reminds me of the bottles I used to see.. somewhere.. as a kid, can't remember where now :(  They had instead of ships, complete tiny ecosystems inside.  Totally amazing!

Kadana Sorano
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Sleeping Ocean

Aweee Kadana that makes me really happy! I really have fun making these bottles and all of the items for sleeping ocean (Have you seen the customs scrolls yet? They go with the message in a bottle theme as well ^.^ ) I love going crazy with little ocean details, like you they remind me of things I used to see as a kid when we went to the beach.

Midnight Phantom

Those look really nice ^.^

Midnight Phantom

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Riverwind

Saturnalia

The Siren's Carol

Owner: Saturnalia
Song: Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney - http://youtu.be/V9BZDpni56Y
Short Excerpt of song that inspires: The moon is right, the spirit's up, we're here tonight, and that's enough! Simply having a wonderful Christmas time!
Your Siren's Story: This Siren is all about the joy and festivities of the season. Whether it be decorating or just dancing around, spending time with loved ones or eating tasty seasonal treats, the focus is on reveling in the tidings of joy and fun that permeate the waters. This song is all about that exuberance, leaving no room for sadness or negativity.
Colors you like: Christmas lighty colors. (I guess that would be red, green, yellow & blue, and black :) )

Gift Bottle Raffle

Saturnalia

Will have to think on the icy girl...

Lectral

Riverwind

Owner: Riverwind
Song: Silver Bells
Short Excerpt of song that inspires:
City sidewalks, busy sidewalks
Dressed in holiday style
In the air
There's a feeling of Christmas

Children laughing
People passing
Meeting smile after smile
Your Siren's Story: The Sirens have never seen a city before, but they love how similar their own festivies are to the humans'. No matter where you are, in the water or on land, during Christmas the air is always filled with joy and laughter. (I would have made it longer but I'd have gotten carried away. XD )
Colors you like: Christmas colors (red, green, white, blue), I also like warm colors (like yellow and red) and black and silver. ^.^

SkySong

SkySong

I will enter the other two events, but am in a bit of a foul mood myself and can't quite get the heart to look for happy sunny warm stuff.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Rosedawn

Rosedawn

I hope to participate in others too!

Wildfilly94

Wildfilly94

Will be back to enter others tomorrow when I'm at a computer

Silvanon

SweetCaroline

~SC~

toffeeca

Kahlira

Kahlira

Owner: Kahlira
Song: Blue Christmas
Short Excerpt of song that inspires: And when those blue snowflakes start falling
That's when those blue memories start calling
Your Siren's Story: A long time ago, when the earth was new, or so the siren thoughts, there was a disturbance on the surface! Well that was the first thought. Surfacing quickly to see what the commotion was, the strains of this song were coming from a small boat. There was an old man sitting on the boat. His blue eyes, with water streaming down his face. The Siren was confused by all of this. It's large eyes, growing larger, when it realized that the old man was holding... Something flat in his hand. What it was, the Siren didn't know. But there was a woman in the picture. With skin as smooth as silk, the woman was in colors of grey.

The young Siren was about to speak, when the song ended. The old man, his voice graveled with age, almost soothing it was to the young one, he spoke! Startling the Siren. "Oh Judy, five years now." He shook his head sadly, and started to row slowly away from the Siren.

The young Siren started to swim after the man, wanting to know more. But was then pulled away by a playful killer whale. The old man mystery would have to wait another time! But the young Siren did watch as the old man rowed slowly into the direction of the setting sun
Colors you like: All kinds of colors and combos. XD I don't really like muddy looking colors though.

Figment

PonyMama

sera

sera

Well, that auction escalated quickly. xD; <3

Sleeping Ocean

Thread went le-explode! XD

Okay guys let me catch up <33

Sleeping Ocean

Sleeping Ocean

PonyMama

Figment

Cold Heart of Winter

Click. Not Christmas, but it always gets me when I read it. Knowing someone cares enough to make a gesture that shows their love, even after they're gone.

Kahlira

Wildfilly94

Owner: Wildfilly94
Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xULr6Z2VzLQ Josh Groban - O' Holy Night
Short Excerpt of song that inspires: Fall on your knees, oh hear the angel voices!
Your Siren's Story: She was lost and alone on a cold winter's nigh. As she lay in the snow topped hay stacks, ready to give up hope of ever reaching home, an angel's voice sang above the sky. She shot her head up in wonder, not believing what her ears were hearing. She stood up and followed the voice, too weak to disobey, and somehow stumbled upon her home in the dark. She sank to her knees and thanked the angel for guiding her when she was lost of all hope and strength to find her way home. She then crawled into bed next to her lover whom she thought she'd never see again, and fell into a deep sleep.
Colors you like: Cool, dark colors, hints of warmth and happy shades. Black, rainbow, white, purple, turqouise, light blue, light green...

Riverwind

Sleeping Ocean

Both auctions have now ended!

Winners, please send payment as soon as possible and I will move the Siren to your accounts ^^

PonyMama

Just got home
will send the 2 million for tha auction
the critter can go to Ryuu

Sleeping Ocean

PonyMama

Now she has her first
That's why I had to get it

Perfect present