[Patchwork] Tiny plushie mice in need of love! ATTENTION Ember!

Started by SPO, July 03, 2013, 08:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPO

Where We Came From
By Rosedawn
There once lived a toy maker and his daughter, on the outskirts of a very small little town. The children loved visiting the toy maker because every toy that he made he made especially for that person. He always said that the most worthwhile thing to build was something that brought countless hours of joy. I remember my father telling me so when I was very small. I watched in awe of him as he stitched together this small little stuffed mouse, just for me, and placed it in my waiting arms. "And this one is special made for you, Little Mouse," he laughed, and the whole room rattled and laughed along with him, "And so long as you take good care of it, it will take good care of you."

But as time passed things changed. Instead of buying the special handmade pieces from the toymaker, children wanted the shiny new toys from the city. Everyone wanted to leave the small village behind, with its small old ways and go off on grand adventures far away. We left behind such things like stuffed animals and wooden swords and skipped towards the glow of the city like moths to a flame. Slowly but surely the little toy shop became little more than a memory, even to me. When I spoke with my father he would tell me how much he missed the laughter.

My father grew gravely ill shortly after that, and I rushed home to be by his side. He told me he had something very special waiting for me in the toy shop.

The place was covered in dust and grime from years of neglect. Buttons and ribbons and stuffing lay strewn on every table. I had no idea what he wanted me to find until I saw it, sitting on his favorite stool, my own little mouse. He'd patched the holes and cleaned the cloth from years and years of love and play, and even stitched up the place where one of my classmates had ripped it open, but he'd left the needle hanging. I picked up my old friend, feeling myself smile for the first time in days. Beneath was a little note, Take care of it, Little Mouse, and it will take care of you.

There was a single stitch left to tie off. Quickly I sewed up my old friend, tying the last knot and cutting it free. "Now you take care of the shop my little meece, while I go take care of Papa."

The next morning I returned to the shop, determined to clean it up to be sold in order to pay for my papa's medicine. When I entered the sounds of something scurrying caught my attention and I hurried to find the source. Following the sound to the work table, what I saw I could scarcely believe. My little meece (for how could I mistake it?) was actually MOVING. It was scurrying around, cleaning the shop!

When it saw me tiny squeaks and chittering erupted from inside. It rushed over, bouncing around until I picked it up. In its hands was a needle. It left that in my palm and hopped down to a pile of fabric and thread and buttons, cheeping all the while. "Do you want me to make you a friend?"

We have dozens now, and every time I tie that last knot they turn their heads and look at me with such love. A love I know I have to share. It's exactly what my father wanted.

Meece Front       l       Meece Side

Owner's Folders
Examples

SPO

Welcome to the very first Patchwork Meeces thread! The Meece were drawn by Cryptic from PI and all other things were done by Fanta on PI. Neocridders is currently working on other species for us.

In this, our very first thread, we will be playing some games as well as having some customs. Any questions can be posted here.

I do have a small survey I would like some feedback on. No raffle tickets or anything. Just curiousity. Because I am fairly new here I am unsure of pricing and such.

How much would you pay for a basic custom?
Mutated custom?
Custom markings?
How much would you pay for a premade?
What games would you like to see?

Rules
-No trading or selling outside of trading season
-Can be traded or sold for SG, other adoptables, or USD
-Be nice to each other
-Whining will not be tolerated

Examples
Examples can be seen at the link below.
http://s263.photobucket.com/user/chubbydragons/library/Patchwork/Examples
There are far too many to post!

SPO

Yay for meeces!

Refer-A-Friend Raffle
Won by WildFilly94

My Deer
Won by Rosedawn

Customs
Closed

4th of July
Won by Sera

It's Chilly!
Dice game time! First person to match my roll wins this critter. You may roll once a day until he is won.

Rolled 1d40 : 18, total 18

SPO

Pick-Ups

Rosedawn's Lacey -- Paid

SkySong's Unnamed -- Paid

Crystal's Gabriel -- Paid

Bunraku's Trigger -- Paid

Saturnalia's Cavaiya -- Paid

Rosedawn's Unnamed -- Paid

Bunraku's Seraphim -- Paid

Wildfilly94's Koi -- Paid (Birthday gift from SPO)

YLO's Noonie -- Paid

YLO's Anthony -- Paid

Bunraku's Unnamed -- Paid

Bunraku's Vincent -- Paid

Rosedawn's Erutara -- No payment required

WildFilly94's Xenon -- No payment required

Bunraku's Painted Skin -- Paid

Bunraku's Indra -- Paid

Runi's Passion Fruit -- Paid

WildFily94's Symon -- Paid

Kahlira's Bidzil -- Paid

Kahlira's Terri -- Paid

Saturnalia's Unnamed -- Paid

Kahlira's Cotton Candy -- Paid

Sera's Unnamed (Needs gender) -- Paid

Sera's Unnamed -- No payment required

CrystalAngelNeko's Shellina -- Paid

Rosedawn's Springshine -- Paid

Runi's Unnamed -- Paid

Runi's Unnamed -- Paid

Runi's Unnamed -- Paid

YLO's Blaze

Wildfilly94's Brighteyes -- Paid

Wildfilly94's Izzie -- Paid

Wildfilly94's Mysteron -- Paid

YLO's Robin

YLO's Jack

YLO's Christine

Wildfilly94's Roni -- Paid

Wildfilly94's Rupert -- Paid

Bun's Sasakura -- Paid

Bun's Sesshomaru -- Paid

YLO's Luanna

YLO's Moridin

Bun's Lucrecia -- Paid

Bun's Sakura -- Paid

Saturnalia

These are super cute :)

My Deer
I would bring the little mousy horseback riding! I have a saddle pack that would be just the right size so he could stay safe and secure while still peering out at the sights around us. We'd have some exciting gallops down the trails, and some peaceful walks through thickets. We could pack a lunch and stop along the way to nibble some cheese as well :)

Need to brainstorm for a custom! :)

Rosedawn

Oh my gosh these are even cuter colored than I imagined!!

How much would you pay for a basic custom? For a basic custom probably 50-75k
Mutated custom? I like rarity so I think it might be fun to have some mutations be more expensive than others to denoate that rarity.
Custom markings? Depends on complexity, always, but I know I'd pay 20-30k additional for markings. But I'm poor!!
How much would you pay for a premade? 20-30k
What games would you like to see? I like dice games a lot because they are easy to run. I don't like speed games.

Crystalangelneko
sera
Ponymama
Wildfilly94
Bunraku

My Deer

My goodness the things the two of us will see together! I think with the way he looks this adorable little meece would love frolicking through the meadows and the forest. Pick wildflowers. Play in streams. We would explore together and play hide n seek (which he would of course win, being so small) we would watch the clouds and find shapes in them. It would be a wonderful mix of exciting and peaceful.

Rosedawn

SPO the front and side view are the only 2 poses correct?

PS: I want a slot I just need to figure out what I want. So many options!!

SPO

Rosedawn

Name: (Can I ane after I see her?)
Owner: Rosedawn
Pose: Profile
Body Color: White
Eye Color: Light Sky Blue
Nose Color: Baby pink
Paw Color: Baby Pink
Tail Color: White that fades into Pink
SGenes: Leopard spots (black with icy blue centers where possible) icy blue freckles
Mutations: Feathered Wings (Icy blue that fades into white), tail bow (light yellow)
Custom markings?:
Anything else?:

YourLoveOnly

Can I please have a slot? Am on the road but will fill out a form asap.

SkySong

Hrm...

Bunraku
Rosedawn
Saturnalia
Kahlira
Country

and a custom, if possible?
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

sera

Rosedawn
Crystalangelneko
Saturnalia
Skysong
luv007

i must to think of the other things... =-0 <3

red_uni387

CrystalAngelNeko

How much would you pay for a basic custom? 30k - 50k
Mutated custom? 50 - 100k The rarer a mutation the more I would pay ^.^ I'm with Rosedawn about liking rare things~
Custom markings? 100k + Because they can be difficult! and hard work should be rewarded.
How much would you pay for a premade? 20k - 30k
What games would you like to see? I love dice games! Easy to enter, easy to run ^.^

and I want a slot! I'm filling out a form now~

Bunraku

Oh my gosh a story by rose <3 Let me just claim a slot first and then I'll enter the rest and read. These are so adorable, I love mice!

Name: Trigger
Owner: Bunraku
Pose: Front Facing?
Body Color: Black
Eye Color: Golden yellow
Nose Color: Black
Paw Color: Black
Tail Color: Black, with white and yellow banding
SGenes: (I think I can combine these to make them look like what I'm aiming for?)
Zebra finch-White where the white is on the example. Please make the spotty finch part shades of golden yellow (Ill provide a reference?) please make the neck stripes and eartips black overlaying the white. Please make the part under his eye and around his nose golden yellow.
Mutations: Spined-black at the base, fading up into yellow then white.
Maned-Black with a white streaks at the top of the hair
(If these mutations don't work together then just spined)
Custom markings?: Spots on the belly (i'll provide a reference) feel free to alter or change the S-gene requested to make it look more like the example. Can he have eyeliner and a scar on his cheek like on the references?
Anything else?: References:
Rat version: http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=558967
Siren Version: http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=562143

Bunraku

Rosedawn

CrystalAngelNeko

Name: Gabriel
Owner:CrystalAngelNeko
Pose: Front
Body Color: 255|170|000
Eye Color: 000|255|000
Nose Color: Pink
Paw Color: 000|255|000
Tail Color: 255|080|000
SGenes: Tabby - 255|080|000
Mutations: Scarf - Rainbow; Patches - Rainbow; Feathered Wings - 255|170|000 that fades into Rainbow.
Custom markings?:
Anything else?: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=6220.msg124297#msg124297

Rosedawn
Sera
Bunraku
PonyMama
Wildfilly94

SkySong

Name:
Owner: SkySong
Pose: Profile (Side facing)
Eye Color: Silvery sky-blue
Nose Color: Gold
Paw Color: Black
Tail Color: Dark orange - not too much lighter than the black
SGenes: (Koi above the other two, please?)
Koi - White and a reddish gold color.
Hooded - Same as tail color
Berkshire - Same as tail color
Mutations:
Mane - Gold
Ear Buttons - White
Short Tail
Custom markings?: Can the inside of the ear be the same reddish gold as the koi?
Anything else?: Nope

SkySong

How much would you pay for a basic custom? 40-50k for a full, maybe 25-30k for a semi
Mutated custom? An extra 10-15k per mutation
Custom markings? Depends. For complicated things I'd do at least 50k on top of the base price. Maybe not for a simple tail fade, though.
How much would you pay for a premade? 10-20k
What games would you like to see? Maybe something that ties into the story every once in a while? Of course, dice games, pick-a-doors, raffles, etc are fine too.

Saturnalia

Seems like slots are full. *saves form for later* :D

But here's this!

Bunraku
Sera
SkySong
Winged
YLO

SPO

Didn't expect the spots to fill so fast! Once I go on my lunch break I will start coloring.

Wildfilly94

I've waited so long to see this!!! AHH! :DD

Rosedawn
Red_uni387
CyrstalAngelNeko
Sera
Kahlira

SPO

So glad everyone is so excited to see these! :D

SPO

Rosedawn's custom is posted! I hope that you like her. Since the leopard didn't have centers I kind of had to improvise. ><

Rosedawn

Ehehe she is adorable.

What I meant (for the future) is see how the leopard spots look sorta like horseshoes? You'd put the color in there <3 But she's adorable!

SPO

Oh gosh I'm sorry. >< What do you want to name her?

Rosedawn

No don't be she's still ridiculously cute!! Hmm....I think I want to name her Lacey.

SPO

I am having way too much fun coloring these. Was late getting back to work cause I was doing customs lol.

SPO

Bun, I am not happy with your custom. I fidgeted with it for like...an hour and I just couldn't get him to the point where I was pleased with him. Let me know if there is anything I can change to make him better.

Wildfilly94

I need like 20 customs. lol. Id like one for sure, 2 if possible however I cant post a form right now since im on my phone and it hates copy and pasting things... -.- Can I claim now and post forms later?

SPO

Wildfilly94

Saturnalia

Ooh, more slots? One for meee, please!

Name: Cavaiya
Owner: Saturnalia
Pose: Side-facing
Eye Color: Neon Green
Nose Color: Neon green
Paw Color: Neon green
Tail Color: Neon green
SGenes:
Mutations: Bat wings-- black, with neon green 'veins'
Custom markings?: Neon green Spots (light the Light Dapple) limited to under/around the eye, on the neck, and some on the rump
Anything else?:

YourLoveOnly

OOoh we can have 2 slots? I'd love a 2nd one too! Am filling out forms right now!

Kahlira

I really hate choosing just five. But these guys are total love!

Country
Wildfilly
Skysong
Bunraku
Saturnalia

My Deer:

The one thing I dearly love to do in the *gasp* outside world, is to sit on the front porch swing, with a big cup of iced sweet tea in one hand, and an excellent book in another. Granted I think you're a bit small for most of my books, but I do have a few I keep around for when my great niece comes to visit, which I'd be glad to share with you. Or you could sit on my lap, and I could read aloud to you from whichever book you so choose. Currently I'm re-reading the Chronicles of Narnia, and am on The Horse And His Boy, which, if you chose to come home with me, I'd start at the beginning for you, back to the beginning. You'd have your own glass of iced sweet tea, of course. And a soft lap to snuggle into.

YourLoveOnly

Name: Anthony
Owner: YourLoveOnly
Pose: Side
Colors: #FAE900, #A3DE22, #A25D18
Mutations: Antlers
Custom markings?: Yes, he should have markings that are nature-themed (leaves, vines, flowers, branches.. stuff like that) on his body and wings. I very strongly prefer that those are handdrawn, brushes often just don't look right and are much less original.
The yellow hex is for the body and wings, the green one for the eyes, paws and inner ear and the brown one for the whiskers, nose, tail and antlers. All three can be used for the markings.

Name: Noonie
Owner: YLO
Pose: side
Eye Color: #61B7FE
Body, Paws & Inner Ear Color: #F6F4E5
Nose, Whisker & Tail Color: #FFDABB
SGenes: Tiger stripes, split in five different sections, each a different color. The colors starting at the head: sky blue #88e3f8, lime green #5ffe11, pastel yellow #eef69c, pastel orange #f3cc67, pink #f586bd
Mutations: short tail
Custom markings?: A red heart located on her forehead and a rainbow on white clouds, located on rump/butt
Anything else?: Examples of previous Noonie customs can be seen here: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3517.0 In case something is confusing those might help, like where the colors for the tiger stripes should go.

Rosedawn

Hey SPO!

Can I buy a custom slot and fill everything out with artist choice? lol. I would love to just let you color up something fun for me.

I forgot to say Franken for a game! You have SO MANY OPTIONS a franken could be crazy fun.

Kahlira

*grins* Looks like slots are full, but if not, I'd love two as well XD

I have many characters needed.

Rosedawn

Anyone have any idea when we'll be voting on agencies again? I actually have strong opinions this go around!

SPO

I will open up some games once I get my laptop. We are driving to Omaha and if my phone cooperates o should be able to get online on it.

We are going to try for agency status this time around. A little sneak peek of new breeds for everyone.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/184/e/8/untitled_drawing_by_neocridders-d6bw1zi.png

You can fill out forms however you like Rosedawn.

Rosedawn

OMG GIRAFFES SO CUTE.

Name:
Owner: Rosedawn
Pose: AC
Body Color: AC
Eye Color: AC
Nose Color: AC
Paw Color: AC
Tail Color: AC
Whisker Color: AC
Inner Ear Color: AC
SGenes: AC
Mutations: AC
Custom markings?: AC
Anything else?: Have fun artist choice all the way!!

SPO

red_uni387

awww i love the snails! <3 it's super awesome how you picked species that aren't normally made into adopties :DD

Kahlira

Lelaphants are needed. *grins* I think I've told you my feelings on the new ones. SO much want!

Rosedawn

Have we come up with adorable names for the Turtle, Snail, and Giraffe yet? If not that'd be a great contest for when they are released.

-Agrees with Lelaphants and naming them Lelaphants-

Also...foxes. I will always say foxes though.

SPO

I picked turtles and neo picked giraffes. I will ask about elephants though. The snails might be little pets. I have no names for them yet. We can do that as a contest for sure.

Kahlira

Yay Lelaphants!

They get like, zero love in the adoptable world. I think in my life on PI I've seen one elephant adoptable (and they were part of another set of groups which is part of an even larger adoptable set.). And they're my number two favorite animal.

Saturnalia

I want a billion snails!

And good luck when agency voting opens up! <3 I'll be trying for the 3rd time with the miniwyvs, too. *fingers crossed for both of us :D*

SPO

I'm so glad everyone likes the new lines so much. I have some more organizing to do before we can apply but hopefully we make it.