News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Quinsta] March Breeding Season

Started by Silvanon, March 05, 2013, 04:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourLoveOnly

We don't have Rabicano in Quinsta. Only sabino, frame and splash overo.

springacres

You could probably get a rabicano look by using a MM ticket on a roan Quin, though.

springacres

Quote from: Sarah Badr on March 20, 2013, 12:07:55 PM
Is that Sabino or Rabicano?

They both look sabino to me.  Rabicano is usually restricted to flecked areas around the rib cage, thighs/loins and tail.

LaneyAngel

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! I got me two Luestins in the one season!!!!

My beautiful Flaxen chestnut appy girl from the darling Kahlira (with daddy of mah lady owned by Sera) and I also just now got a second Luestin, a dapple grey stud from Kadana! :D
I am soooooo happy! This has been an AWESOME breeding season!
Luestins for everybody next season, lol. My boy will be up for stud.
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, thanks so much to y'all!!!!!!!!!!
**The Comprehensive List of Quinsta Colour Breeding Projects** - please come post and help make a guide to all Quinsta breeding projects on Secundi! :D
Quinsta- visual guide to males and females of each breed

Sarah Badr

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on March 20, 2013, 12:11:51 PM
We don't have Rabicano in Quinsta. Only sabino, frame and splash overo.

Was talking about the photos

Silvanon

Quote from: Winged on March 19, 2013, 05:31:42 PM
Thinking about buying a MM ticket, but need to check something first. Could one of these photos be used for Black Sabino Overo? Doesn't have to be an exact mimic.

I'd accept either of those for a black sabino foal. 

And, for those waiting for their bonus tickets to be delivered, I finally have done that.  I feel bad for being so late with it, so if anyone bought bonus tickets this season misses the foal claim cutoff, just PM me and I'll let you turn in your bonus claims late.

YourLoveOnly

"Luckily" YLO is home sick again instead of away all day, so plenty of time to get them in. Other than that being sick isn't very lucky XD -goes to claim pretties-

Silvanon

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on March 22, 2013, 10:50:11 AM
"Luckily" YLO is home sick again instead of away all day, so plenty of time to get them in. Other than that being sick isn't very lucky XD -goes to claim pretties-

Awe :(  I hope you get feeling better!

Winged

Great! I'll go for the top one, and send the form in now :)
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Well, I am currently getting physiotherapy twice a week due to my balance disorder, it can't be fixed but they hope maybe this will help some. But since they are triggering the balance issues it will defenitely get worse, before it will hopefully get better. So for the next month at least I'll be sick at least twice a week D: But hey, if it helps in the long run, I'm all for it!

*goes to submit magic marking ticket now*

skysnolimit

*sits back and happy*  Eight foals from my Quinsta were claimed this season! *grin*  I claimed four that I bred myself, somebody else claimed one that I bred, and I guess the other three were deemed successful by the people who bred my Quinsta.

It's such a satisfying feeling to see my herd putting more foals into the world!  This is the most yet!  And I'm claiming a chestnut Andalusian girlie, a black snowflake (I love those!) Arabian male, and the second-to-last step of my dun into Andalusians project to boot ^^  In two seasons at the least, I could finally have my dream of a red dun Andalusian!  I've been aiming for that for soo long, ever since I saw TheLeet's "Horse With No Name" and realized how beautiful red dun is in larger horses(Quinsta).

The last foalie I claimed is step 2/4 of tobiano to Andalusians ^.^;  I'm not sure how interested in tobiano I really am in the first place, but this breeding project sorta fell in my lap so I figured I'd see it through.  Besides, maybe then I could breed a black snowflake appaloosa tobiano Andalusian!  I certainly wouldn't regret that ~_^

Also sort of secretly hoping that brown is sneaking into Andalusians along with my dun breeding project, but I think I mighta lost it along the way.  :|  Did I see somebody else trying for a brown Andalusian grade this season?

Ryuukokoro

Those are awesome projects, skys! I love the Andy lines, but I don't like gray Quin at all. XD;; The Andys are such a tease! I have a roan Andy and if you do get tobiano and dun into the lines, we could breed together and make some real amazing foals! :D

skysnolimit

Hahahahaha, good deal Ryuu!!  Let's do it XD  I am exactly with you on the Andalusian lines-gray line of thought.  I love a tease and a challenge, bwaha.

WillowDragon

I actually adore grey horses! Hehe Especially dappled greys.

Kahlira

So much excitement XD Today is the last day for claims! Hope everyone has everything they need <3

springacres

Quote from: WillowDragon on March 23, 2013, 03:07:17 AM
I actually adore grey horses! Hehe Especially dappled greys.
Me too, greys need more love!  (especially the gorgeous chestnut-based greys Silv colors... :D)

Kahlira

I think my fave grey(Not owned by me) may be the bay based one... Though it may be because she's appy XD

WillowDragon

Greys can be coloured in such different ways!! I think that's why I enjoy them so much. lol

Well, I have not been as lucky as hoped with my own breedings, but tha is to Kadana, Kahlira, skysnolimit and Ravv, I have a Morgan and three luestins coming to me! :D

W xx

springacres

I have a luestin and a leopard Friesian from my own breedings, a gorgeous Clyde girl from Ravv and a lovely Morgan girl from Daimas:

6858. Friesian M Black Leopard Appaloosa, front right Pastern, front left Coronet, back left Coronet, Star and Snip (Sweet and generally willing, but occasionally excitable, a mover)
6885. Clydesdale F Silver Dapple Mouse Dun, front right Coronet, front left Coronet, back right Coronet, back left Coronet, Snip (Generally willing, but occasionally nervous, a mover)
7062. Morgan F Silver Dapple Smokey Black, front right Coronet, front left Sock, back right Pastern, Snip (Calm and sweet, a mover)
7114. Luestin F Smokey Black Roan, front right Coronet, front left Fetlock, back right Sock, back left Sock, Stripe (Generally willing, but occasionally nervous, a mover)

Winged

I have a black roan andy from my own breedings, and a sabino friesian from spring :) Decided not to buy a bonus ticket this time, but got a MM ticket for the friesian.

I'm wanting to breed either a grey roan tobiano or grey roan appy luestin stallion, will try for that project next time i think.
Owner of Gliders!

springacres

Ooh, so I'll get to see one of those beautiful sabino patterns on the girl I gave you, Winged? AWESOMENESS :D

Winged

Yes, i went for the first photo from the two i posted, with a note saying no bald face and less on the legs than the horse in the photo has. Should be gorgeous, especially on the friesian lines :D
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

I am SO excited for this season's arrivals. I got two USD bonus tickets, one bonus ticket in a trade, one person claiming a Quin using one of their 2 normal slots as a trade and then my own 2 normal slots. 6 Quin, I cannot believe it :o I feel insanely lucky.

The person claiming one for me is claiming a black leopard appy tobiano Mini boy and I am claiming a buckskin dun Fjord boy (with MM ticket to get a really gorgeous shade), perlino sabino overo Mini girl and three more Mini boys: palomino snowflake appy, buckskin snowflake appy and buckskin sabino overo. I'm so excited! :D So many stunning Mini boys, and snowflake at last, and a perlino girl, and a super stunning Fjord! It may have been smarting to pick more mares so I can do more RB trades or breed more foals to get a chance at earning a bonus ticket, but I like my boys and I'm happy!

Quinsta

The portal swirls open at Ethendil's command, and the first of this season's claimed foals come through:   http://secundi.net/agencycrittersearch.php?Start=2135&OrderBy=CritterID&AgencyID=9

Progress:  18/116 done
The Gavanian Quinsta Outreach Program: Adopting Quinsta Off-world since 2010.

Sarah Badr

WOW! I can't wait to see mine! YLO your Dunskin Fjord is gorgeous!

red_uni387

eeeeeee pretties!

also I was wondering if black was still the only agouti gene in friesians. since I finished my dun roan project I'd love to help get some more genes into friesians :)

SkySong

I think we have a bay friesian. But we definitely don't have chestnut if you want to tackle that one!
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Sarah Badr

Quote from: red_uni387 on March 27, 2013, 02:36:09 PM
eeeeeee pretties!

also I was wondering if black was still the only agouti gene in friesians. since I finished my dun roan project I'd love to help get some more genes into friesians :)

Claimed 3 Friesian grades to start project for getting chestnut into Friesians.

Sarah

SkySong

Quote from: Sarah Badr on March 27, 2013, 02:45:31 PM
Claimed 3 Friesian grades to start project for getting chestnut into Friesians.

Sarah

You're brave, girl. Best of luck!
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Sarah Badr

Quote from: SkySong on March 27, 2013, 02:46:46 PM

You're brave, girl. Best of luck!

LOL Thanks. Stubborn would probably be the word my husband would use.

Sarah

Ryuukokoro

Yes there's bay into Freisians at the moment, along with appy, dun, sabino, and roan. Several people are working on chestnut. :)

YourLoveOnly

Thanks for the compliment. I'm really happy with my Fjord too ^^

Kahlira

My lady is awesome XD Just perfect! Thank you, Mistress Silv!

springacres

WOWOWOW my Clyde girl is AWESOME and my Friesian boy is super pretty too!

skysnolimit

I'm so lucky!  Chestnut andalusian and black snowflake appaloosa Arabian came out on the first day!  *snuggle-fluff-bothers them both*

*sigh*

Secundi, always there for me!  And when there's nothing new there's still the hope that something new is about to happen!  I'm like those pigeons that were fed irregularly and now can't stop coming to the square.  </analogy>

Ryuukokoro

Hahahahahahhahaha oh skys, you crack me up. XD We love you, pigeon person!

Silvanon

Totally random, but I just really need to show this off.  I just found this little cutie sitting at LilBit's "drawing station."  I'm pretty sure she used one of her stuffed animals for a reference, but she's at preschool at the moment so I'll have to ask later.  In any case, she's getting so good!

Ryuukokoro

CutieePiee

That is EXTREMELY good for a preschooler! Artistic talent runs in the family, Silv. :D

Sarah Badr

Daimas

Such a cute dog and such a GREAT artist for so young!

Quinsta

Ryuukokoro

Oooo, my 3rd gen Grade is cute! ^_^ Here's hoping for a pure roan/tobiano Fjord next season!

Sarah Badr

Love my Silver Dapple Bay!!!!!!!!!!

LaneyAngel

YLO, your buckskin Fjord is freaking AMAZING!!!!
**The Comprehensive List of Quinsta Colour Breeding Projects** - please come post and help make a guide to all Quinsta breeding projects on Secundi! :D
Quinsta- visual guide to males and females of each breed

Saturnalia

Woohoo! Another step closer to my goal :)

Quinsta

Through the portal come a handful of Gypsy Vanners and a few Luestin mares:  http://secundi.net/agencycrittersearch.php?Start=2135&OrderBy=CritterID&AgencyID=9

Progress:  50/116

EquineGoddess101

Wonderful progress Silv!

Alnaeyah's Gypsy boy is divine *heart throb* <3

And both Country's & Bunraku's Luestins are flashy

Congratulations everyone!!

Country

I love my new girl! Thank you so much Kah for letting me use your lady and to Silv for delivering her! I'm so excited!

Quinsta