News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Paddy!

Started by Willow, September 28, 2012, 04:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Hey, I'm sorry I've only been nipping in and out of Secundi lately, but I've been busy with college and since last night, I have a doggie to be looking after! :'D
We picked him up around 7pm last night from the Dogs Trust and he was great in the car home. He's still a little nervous and follows me round like a shadow xD;
We took him for a walk this morning and we've been playing with toys and practicing training, he seems more relaxed this morning, but I'm not expecting miracles just yet!

[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5] - taken by the Dogs Trust

His last home couldn't quite cope with the collie in him and his high chase drive (they also treated him like a baby), so he's had some training started at the rescue centre, and we're going to continue that, just a lot of focus training and distracting him with more exciting thing s like food and toys |D
He's doing great so far! :)

*so happy*
I just wanted to share :')

YourLoveOnly

Yaaay I'm glad Paddy turned out to be a great match for you! -snuggles handsome doggy-

skysnolimit

*gasp* He is beautiful!  You sound like such a loving household!  And oh my wow, I LOVE your House!!!!  *ogle*

Pinkshadow

Awe so cute xD

He doesnt look anything like the collies we have in DK though :b

Willow

Thank you guys!
He's a collie cross Pink :)

I can't quite figure out what else he has in him, if anyone wants to hazard a guess?
The bottom of his jaw is a little more squared off, and he's a bit smaller than a normal border collie. His ears are just huge xD;

He's currently playing with a closed egg box (I've hidden a treat in it), he loves it :D

Wildfilly94

Aww Willow!!!! :DD
I remember us talking about you getting a dog a few months ago, SO excited for you to finally have one!! :D
He's Adorable!

Pinkshadow

Quote from: Willow on September 28, 2012, 07:33:41 AM
Thank you guys!
He's a collie cross Pink :)

I can't quite figure out what else he has in him, if anyone wants to hazard a guess?
The bottom of his jaw is a little more squared off, and he's a bit smaller than a normal border collie. His ears are just huge xD;

He's currently playing with a closed egg box (I've hidden a treat in it), he loves it :D

Ow but still not much collie i see in him, unless shorthaired maybe ;b
- To me it looks like there could be German shepherd and/or icelandic sheepdog ; much actually, just short haired xD

Winged

He's lovely! I'm glad he fits in well, let me know how he settles in :)
I think i'd have to disagree with you pink lol, definately no German shepherd in him that i see. You can see the collie in his face, and in his back and legs especially though not his colour. From his ears and colour i'd guess at some Canaan dog or Pharoh hound, though they're not common breeds. Canaan dogs also have bushy tails and i think match his shape and size. But i've never actually seen one here, my book says they're from Israel originally.
My only other suggestion would be some malinois (belgium shepherd), or a whole mix of various breeds that don't show themselves clearly in him.
Owner of Gliders!

Pinkshadow

Quote from: Winged dreams on September 28, 2012, 10:57:31 AM
He's lovely! I'm glad he fits in well, let me know how he settles in :)
I think i'd have to disagree with you pink lol, definately no German shepherd in him that i see. You can see the collie in his face, and in his back and legs especially though not his colour. From his ears and colour i'd guess at some Canaan dog or Pharoh hound, though they're not common breeds. Canaan dogs also have bushy tails and i think match his shape and size. But i've never actually seen one here, my book says they're from Israel originally.
My only other suggestion would be some malinois (belgium shepherd), or a whole mix of various breeds that don't show themselves clearly in him.

Well Collies in DK have way longer noses :b

Winged

Perhaps they're rough collies you're thinking of then?
Owner of Gliders!

Pinkshadow

Quote from: Winged dreams on September 28, 2012, 11:49:37 AM
Perhaps they're rough collies you're thinking of then?

Properply ;b
OW there could maybe be border collie in him, he reminds me abit of a border collie actually :) just shorter hair

Winged

Border collies generally don't have long coats, but they do vary. He probably gets the tighter coat from another breed.
Owner of Gliders!

springacres

Aww, congrats on your new dog!  May you have many wonderful and adventure filled years with him <3

From his coloring I would have guessed maybe Corgi, but his body type is totally wrong for that.  And border collies can have long coats, just they tend to be medium length and shaggy rather than long and straight like a rough collie's would be.

Pinkshadow

Short hair borders do exist :)