News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Little Hooves] Stand still, you silly horse!

Started by Luv007, June 25, 2012, 04:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Luv007

Aralia, is your horse a mare or a stallion?

Next FLATSALE group is up.... only what 3 DAYS late.  Sorry guys!

Aralie

Wildfilly94

Uhh guys, The flatsale isn't running till 22:00 . :)

SkySong

*Is half asleep* Fail! I'll go delete mine.

Aralie

Wildfilly94

Lol its cool. I was like 'ooohh flatsales!!!! ...... wait... its not started yet o.O'

Luv007

Aww! Haha. Sorry guys. I like to let people oogle before I run it. Lol

Wildfilly94

Group: The Danger Dun Its
ID#: 4
Name/Owner: Shana/Wildfilly94

Im on my phone. D: Internet not working. ill send sg asap[\color]

SkySong

Group:  The Dang Dun Its
ID#: 1
Name/Owner: Strawberry/SkySong

Laviee

Group: The Dang Dun Its
ID#: 5
Name/Owner: Lyre/Laviee

Luv007

Three gone and two to go!  Who wants horses #2 and #3??

Luv007

And congrats to Kahlira who is taking the auction mare home!!

Luv007

For Aralia, your stallion is ready to go home with you!  Please leave a name for him!!

Can someone please bring me a chestnut horse?

Scullisto

Group:  The Dang Dun Its
ID#: 3
Name/Owner: Zarrastar/Scullisto

Laviee

If I may have another? o:

Hopefully I got my colours right is time. x.x

Luv007

Perfect laviee!  Is your horse a mare or stallion?

Laviee

PonyMama

Group:  The Dang Dun Its
ID#: 2
Name/Owner: Waziri / PonyMama

Aralie

Kahlira

The SG has been sent for the pretty <3

Name: Crazy Daisy
Owner: Kahlira

And as for the breeding, when and where do I submit that? And do I have to use her or can it be two of my other LHs?

Luv007

Kah, you may use whichever two horse you like.  Just be aware that fantasy breeds are going to be prettyxpretty=pretty, whereas naturals will be more genetic.

Just post the form here with a momma, daddy, and some links when you are ready!

ANYONE THAT WANTS THEIR LITTLE HOOVES FROM THIS THREAD CERTED WITH NO TACK IN TIME FOR THE LH COMPETITIONS, POST BELOW WITH THIS FORM (and I'll go ahead and send them in!):

Name:
Owner:
LH Link:

SkySong

Name: Motor Oil
Owner: SkySong
LH Link: http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh523/Little-Hooves/Owners/SkySong/SkySongBaldFacecopy.png

Name: Fudge
LH Link: Can't find it - it was the bald bunch 5.

Name: Strawberry
LH Link: Dang Dun It 1

Scullisto

Name: Stormbearer
Owner: Scullisto
LH Link: Bald Bunch #2
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb189/luv0077/Flatsale1-1.png

Name: Zarrastar
Owner: Scullisto
LH Link: Dang Dun It #3
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb189/luv0077/FlatsaleDangDunItscopy.png

Luv007

Sky and Sculli, I'm sending yours in now.  :)

Luv007

Sabor Cat looks to be a dapple grey.  Is that right, Kah?

Kahlira

Luv007

I'm going to ask about and see what I can find then.  But I'm pretty sure that's a dapple grey. Lol.  Do you know who colored him offhand?

SkySong

Kahlira

Luv007

And that is why I'm sitting at the eye dr right now. Lol.

I'll ask her and see if she knows and if not, I'll go with he is a silver daPple.

Kahlira

That works too XD

I don't know horse colors too well. i know basics: Brown, Bay, Black, Palomino, (though some flaxen chestnuts are almost palo in color) Erm.. Once ya get beyond basics like that I'm all O.O

Luv007

I know the colorings, but the geneology freaks me out.  That is why I'm doing a few test breedings!

Wildfilly94

I usually use references, and I'm preyy sure I used a Leopard Appy. Just looked up some horses on google and theres a couple that are like him, so I would consider him a Leopard Appy. ^^

Leopard Appaloosas have a colored coat (For example, white) and their spots are Always darker than their body color.

Dapple Greys are a certian shade (Example, Grey) and their dapple markings are Always lighter.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4975127531290876&id=0c26e0268d9596536e424dcd89083bf3

Thats a dapple ^^

Luv007

I'll have to call in an expert, bc I could be wildly wrong, but to my knowledge, a leopard appy has a white base, colored spots.  I've never seen a leopard appy with a colored coat, and again, to my knowledge (so I could be very wrong), that is a dapple grey you just linked too.  Let me do a little digging....

Luv007

Oh wait, you SAID that was a dapple.... I'm feeling dumb again.

But again, I've never seen a leopard appy with a base color of something other than white.... Do you know what picture you colored that from?  I use references for mine too!  I google something, pick what I think is pretty and from there, the LH comes!

Whimsy

Some appaloosas have "color" However because of the mass market and breeding of appaloosas most people have stopped differentiating between the three major types, leopard, blanket, and varnish. I may stand corrected but just like a paint that can be a tovero an appaloosa can show more than one type.

However, even though he is still not exactly colored like he should be..saber cat should be classified as a

Blanket appaloosa

http://breeding-stallions.com/upload/360/102_359_1.jpg

As you can see this horse has retained some of its color under its spots.

Luv007

See, I just need to go back to school for all these horsey colors.  Lol.  They have gotten so much more complicated.  Lol. 

I thought that would be considered a Parti-Leopard.

My thing is that the only white on that horse are his leg and face markings and Leopard have a white base, blankets have a white blanket, and snowflakes have white snowflakes.  And those are the three types that I'm pretty confident in identifying.

But since we can't particuarly figure it out, I'm just going to put it up to Kahlira.  Because right now, that's the only thing that does make sense.  haha

KAHLIRA, what color and marking does your SABOR CAT have in your head?

Dapple Grey, Leopard, or Blanket?  Or if you don't want to choose, I'll just consider him fantasy colored and do prettyxpretty for breeding purposes.  Lol.

Whimsy

I work with an appaloosa show every year with my local 4-h, anymore unless the horse shows certain factors and are for sure a certain marking most of them only know by geological testing   

Luv007

Like I said, I'm just going to let Kah pick what genetic code she wants to put into it, bc I've been in the horseworld since I was in elementary school and to this day, I've never seen an appy without some white somewhere, nor have I been able to find an appaloosa picture online.  So instead of picking who is right, Kahlira just gets to pick what it pretty.  Lol.

Whimsy

Oh I'm not asking you to pick it its correct or not, because as far as the coloring goes it is incorrect to be any sort of appaloosa  in the real world. All of them retain at least some sort of white somewhere where as he does not.

Luv007

Thanks, Whimsy.  Appreciate you giving input on it so I know I'm not loosing it.  Lol.

Wildfilly94

I would just go ahead and call him fantasy. XD This is WAY too much thinking for me, and I'm sure Kah will agree on that part. Lol. I had to have seen one somewhere that was grey with dark spots. I found a blue roan horses with dark spotting nd NO white, but thats all. So I guess I picked a color and did the spots accorrding to a reference.

http://equinecreations.weebly.com/uploads/6/9/6/4/6964260/1869156.jpg <- Blue roan

Luv007

It's easy to find references that are under the wrong name too, Wild!  I've done it a hundred times!  Regardless, no harm, no foul.  :) 

Wildfilly94

Kahlira

He looks like a dapple to me I think? I really have no idea XD

Luv007

Sure.  I can code him that way for breeding and hopefully your foal will be delivered soon!  Telelina is heavy with foal already, so watch her closely!

Kahlira

Luv007

And by soon, I mean within 72 hours, not today.  Lol.  Today I have a feeling we're going to be busy bees like yesterday, plus I really have some writing to catch up on that I've been pushing back for Secundi stuff.