News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

TheStable: Welcome to 2010!

Started by Ravvana, January 08, 2010, 11:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravvana

I quite like Western, but am a little tentative to use that due to one of the show classes being called Western, too. I think I'm going to go with springacres' suggestion of "Stock Horse," as that is the kind of applicable umbrella term I was looking for :) Thanks for all the suggestions, though!

Springacres, you can fill out the standard tag-it form for your new horse.

Everyone else who made a suggestion or even a comment will be winning a premade Stock horse, once I have time to color this afternoon :)

WillowDragon

*squeals*  No way!!   ;D

*squishes Ravv*

And congrats springacres!

W xx

PonyMama

Tribe

YourLoveOnly

XD I love different languages. Combine English with my own language and it's like you are talking about stick horses. You know, the childrens toy. So I am now thinking stock horses look like this:
  xD

Fwuffly

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: Ravvana on March 28, 2010, 10:34:24 AM

Everyone else who made a suggestion or even a comment will be winning a premade Stock horse, once I have time to color this afternoon :)

*squeak!* Oh, that is so nice of you Rav! Thank you! ^^ *hasn't had any luck getting any of the new breeds so far!*

Ravvana

Hunni, I need a name for her, please :)

springacres

Squee!  *goes to fill out tag-it form*

Name: Gentle Lady
Color: Bay roan
Owner: springacres

Math

Congrats Springacres, I rather do like the sound of Stock Horse. :) And thank you so much Ravvana! :D

Math

Just a question, when will I be able to grow my foals? I have a colt that was born on the 15th, and a girl who was born on the 21st. :)

YourLoveOnly

Foals can grow on the 14th day. :)
So your colt can grow tomorrow and your girl can grow on April 4th.

Fwuffly

QuoteEveryone else who made a suggestion or even a comment will be winning a premade Stock horse, once I have time to color this afternoon

Ooh I didnt notice that!  Thats so sweet of you Rav! Thank youx

springacres

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on March 28, 2010, 01:48:25 PM
Foals can grow on the 14th day. :)

*didn't realize this* I guess I have some growings to post then!  *lol*

Name: Arabian Silver

Name: Dark Echo

Ravvana

Ravvana

Poupou

They are so cool looking.  Definitely my favorite breed. O.O

Gidgets

Quote from: Math on March 28, 2010, 06:14:41 AM
I say "Lopers"... or maybe "Racers". I think "Racers" would work as in barrel racing or as in herding cattle or something (despite QHs being an all around horse) as Quarter Horses are fairly well-known for Western disciplines (I have ridden one who was trained in English, but she still did a jogging gait and it took more leg to get her to a trot). Plus, the poses look like they are galloping around barrels. :)

*inspired!* >D

springacres

*jaw drops*  Wow...just wow.  My boys are gorgeous all grown up...and Gentle Lady is just stunning!

Math

*actually inspired someone and feels strangely proud*  :D

I definitely want a mare modeled after Maggie in this breed at one point. :D

And guess what? The girl that I ride with and I might be sharing a lease on a horse this summer, I have no idea what horse though because my instructor says that she's buying one pony and a horse and we get first dibs on the horse. :D So I'll probably need a mimic of him/her aswell. xD

ETA: And if that bit of inspiration turns into... something... I think I deserve a prize. :P

Ravvana

QuoteThere were 10 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Ryuukokoro
YLO
WillowDragon
Fwuffly
Spixy
red_uni387
PonyMama
indigowulf
Math
Silvanon
Timestamp: 2010-03-29 00:21:33 UTC

All the prizes were colored by guest colorist WillowDragon :D Please post names soon <3

1: Ryuukokoro

2: YLO

3: WillowDragon

4: Fwuffly

5: Spixy

6: red_uni387

7: PonyMama

8: indigowulf

9: Math

10: Silvanon

Ryuukokoro

Oooooo gorgeous!! Thank you Rav and Willow! ^_^

Name: Esperenza
Owner: Ryuukokoro

red_uni387

'Grats spring!

wow I just barely got up, and come on to see that everyone gets a cutie?? eee thank you sooo much Rav! <3

Name: Storm Warning
Owner: red_uni387

indigowulf

Oooh! Mines a stallion, right?

Showname: IW Roping the Moon
Name: Moon
Owner: indigowulf

springacres

Ooh, gorgeous premades everyone!  *takes note for future breedings*

Silvanon

Awe, way nice of you Rav to give out extra prizes.  Thank you!  And thank you to WillowDragon for coloring!  My boy is awesome! :)

Name: Stranger
Owner: Silvanon

Scullisto

Breeding Request
Male Image:
Female Image:
Foaling Paddock:

Hoping for a Blue Roan Tovero

toffeeca

Grow Up!

Name: Arya
Owner:toffeeca

Name: Ricken
Owner: toffeeca

Spixy

Name: Summer Storm
Owner: Spixy

Weee, my first stablehorse :D Thank you so much WillowDragon and Rav ^_^

Pinkshadow

Will post my grow ups now so i remember it ;)

Name : Appensaon

Name : Sasselene

Name : Blacky
- Whats his coat? ;)

And i dont know his coat eigher ;

Looove stable horsies :p <3

YourLoveOnly

I wanna name mine Sound of Pulling Heaven Down, but I'm not sure that will fit on the cert? xD
She is absolutely gorgeous <3

Name: So Sweet

PonyMama

Oooh he's pretty, thank you

Name: Otieno
Owner: PonyMama

Silvanon

Grow Ups

Name: Rocky Road

Name: Sugar

Tribe

Pinkshadow

Mom :

Dad :

Paddock :

My Best Guess: Red Dun Snowflake Appaloosa Overo

Lectral

Hmm, just realized I am a few days late for growing my little filly O.o

Name: Fidget

I'm watching a show jumping (I think it's show jumping anyways O.o) program I recorded a few nights back; some lovely horses, not sure on breeds/registries for a lot of them, as they aren't real good with specifying when they announce them XD  Several Irish sporthorses, a Selle Francais for sure, the others they usually say (such-and-such country)-bred.  And some interesting antics between the jumps, which don't seem to matter, as long as the horse jumps clean XD  Form on a few of the riders boggled my mind though - I thought jumping was a "forward" seat... I've seen lazy western riders sit farther forward than one or two of these O.o

Math

A growing :)

Name: Luca
Owner: Math

And a name for my handsome boy... Desperado. :)

Silvanon

Pinkshadow has my permission to use Nanaea.

CutieePiee

Breeding Request
Male Image:
Female Image:
Foaling Paddock: in shiny

Let's see... I'm going to guess Buckskin Roan Tobiano. *fingers crossed*

YourLoveOnly

CutieePiee has my permission to use Black Orchid and Clumsy Card House. :)

Fwuffly

Stunning Girl, thank you Rav & Willow, could I name her Jamocha

Growing:  Name = Viking

Could I please have him equipped with a full set of items in red

Growing:  Name = Whisper

Could I please have her equipped with a full set of items in red

2 x full sets of items = 46k sending now :)

Ravvana

*head explodes* Where did all these foals and prospective parents come from? o_O;;

Breedings and tags will be closed until I catch up. Thank you!

Ravvana

red_uni387

Rav could I know what coat my boy has please? :)

WillowDragon

Dapple Grey  =o)

*edit*  Ooo... I should name my girl!  So very sorry! Totally forgot I had one... how bad is that!!  lol

Name: Loganberry
Owner: WillowDragon

indigowulf

Mines cremello tobiano right?

Ravvana

Quote from: Lectral on March 29, 2010, 01:46:57 PM
I'm watching a show jumping (I think it's show jumping anyways O.o) program I recorded a few nights back; some lovely horses, not sure on breeds/registries for a lot of them, as they aren't real good with specifying when they announce them XD  Several Irish sporthorses, a Selle Francais for sure, the others they usually say (such-and-such country)-bred.  And some interesting antics between the jumps, which don't seem to matter, as long as the horse jumps clean XD  Form on a few of the riders boggled my mind though - I thought jumping was a "forward" seat... I've seen lazy western riders sit farther forward than one or two of these O.o

Show jumping is basically just who can get over the jumps fastest, with no consideration to style... I ride hunters, on the other hand, which is basically a prettiness competition XD Speaking of jumpers with no style, I feel the need to share this video XDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opMiCyoRzYM

Can I have that horse, please?! What a sweet patient boy to put up with that.

red_uni387

Thanks Willow :)

wow. I've never watched show jumping before, but that is just awful! poor horsie must have a really sore back o.o

Lectral

he's a pretty horse :D  If the video will ever load properly, I'll get to see what he's putting up with XD

Lectral

:-[

???

O.o I've never jumped, took a few lessons way back and did some crosspoles/rails, but I am pretty sure I could stay in the saddle better than that!  And if I did end up failing that badly, I would stop after the second attempted jump!  That one jump had to be painful, where he missed the saddle completely O.o

I agree though... that horse has to be a saint or something XD