News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

TheStable: Welcome to 2010!

Started by Ravvana, January 08, 2010, 11:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springacres

White is dominant over grey, I think.  (One of the very few genes that is.)

Ravvana

Quote from: toffeeca on March 08, 2010, 07:27:47 PM
Hunni, I don't think you can get a grey roan, i'm pretty sure grey covers everything.

Ravv, which is dominant, white or grey? If a horse had Ww and Gg, would it show grey or white?

It would show white :) At least as far as Stable genetics go.

SplitX

Akshully, I might wanna breed Lulabelle with Milky Way. What the HECK would come from that, though? O_O;

springacres

Breeding request
Male image:
Female image:
Foaling paddock: in inventory

I am hoping for a bay dun.

*fully expects a grey, however*

SplitX

Dam:
Sire:
Foaling Paddock:

SURPRISE!
I expect... a Bay Roan Tovero

I'd love a female for my Dunskin Tovero boy! xD But, I can only hope. *sits patiently* *hyperventilates* *calms down*

toffeeca

SplitX has my permission to use Lavender Mist

SplitX

Thanks Toffeeca! I'm sure their baby will be just drool-tastic. <3

Tribe

Im tempted then to find a grey male to use with my gal..i like greys yes and i could use them for more breeding greys XD

If anyone has a grey male theyd be willing to let me use id be so grateful!

red_uni387

I has a stable horsie named Buddy too xD

SplitX

This is the only truly grey-grey horse I've got. O-o

Tribe

Shes awesome splitty but ill need a boy for sure.

springacres

I'd be happy to let you (or anyone else who's interested, for that matter) use Mithril, Hunni :)  Trying to uncover more of his genetic code.  Poor guy has so many question marks in there it's not even funny!

red_uni387

Lost is my only grey :]

(yes I just wanted to post her pic XD)

Tribe

Oh awesome :D but ill be using him with another grey female so unless they produce one other thier hidden bases i dont think it'd help uncover much XD

i adore greys i really do..i may order a few more when i get the tag its for them. I need a dappled and rose grey at least.

springacres

me too, Hunni, me too xD  Especially rose greys...they are total LOVE!

red_uni387

Is Lost a rose grey? I know she's not fleabitten lol

Tribe

I think shes just more grey then rose grey hun, rose greys usually show dapples and are reddish in tone.

red_uni387

ah I see :D *had no idea what the difference was* Thank you~

*runs off to plot breedings*

springacres

She could very well be.  Genetically speaking in real life, rose grey is grey on a bay or chestnut base, and with her dark lower legs she could possibly be bay.  The only way to tell for sure would be to breed her to a non-grey that is chestnut based.

red_uni387

she actually had a chestnut foal :]

Tribe

red_uni387

I have no idea XD It was YLO's Italian Radio

springacres

Hmm...well, in that case you might want to breed her with a black or black-base stallion next time, and hope for a non-grey, non-chestnut foal.

red_uni387

okay! :D shall try with Shadow then~

can grey mask an overo gene? or was her breed with Italian Radio luck that her foal ended up with overo? :)

springacres

No, a grey with overo would be a grey overo.  The foal got the pattern from its father.

red_uni387

so he passed on overo and frame? and she doesn't have either? *getting confused*

SplitX

*pretends to know what everyone is talking about*

Yes, indeeeeeeed. *blows bubbles from a fake pipe*

Ravvana

My thread has exploded XD I'll need to search for my other tasks after movie night is over, but here are the growings for now:

toffeeca

red@ he passed on overo. A horse carries what type of overo would show, but unless it carries overo then it will not show. If that makes sense.

So the mare would carry a certain type of overo, say frame, but would not show anything because she does not carry the overo gene.

red_uni387

oh I get it! So she could carry any one of those overo genes cause her baby is a frame overo...and ooh yes Shadow would be good to see if she has PP, Pp, or pp :D

Thanks guys <333

Ravvana

Current to-do list, hope I'm not missing anything:

BREEDING
toffeeca
springacres
SplitX

EQUIPS
Hunni

CUSTOMS
toffeeca's $USD order

OTHER
...Stat homework >.>

So, movie night and then that silly "other" category. And then I'll see what other progress I can make tonight :)

red_uni387

*coughs*maybeholdeventslatertoo? xD

and omg! is stats hard? I have to take it in 2 years >>

springacres

No rush, Ravv.  RL comes first.

SplitX

No rush, Ravv. :3

O___O *eyes Half Pint*

EEEEEEEEEE~!

springacres

...And that would be why Jazz is standing here with her muzzle glued to the screen. XD

SplitX

Aren't he & Buster just two opposites? Love it. xD

If Jazz wants him to court her some time, lemme know. ;3 If she's a Draft. *didn't check* xDDD

Ravvana

Quote from: red_uni387 on March 08, 2010, 09:13:58 PM
*coughs*maybeholdeventslatertoo? xD

and omg! is stats hard? I have to take it in 2 years >>

I actually love my stats class XD But I'm kind of a math geek like that. I hate theoretical math like trig or calc, but stat is more "real world" and, thus, worthy of my time ;)

red_uni387

I'm not really a fan of math but it's usually my best subject ._. Yay real world math! now to get past pre calc and calc first...

SplitX

Y'know... I'd be terrible at stats. I'd be turning it all to Pokemon references, and I'd never get anything done. /lame like that

Mph. So I definitly have a fever. The infection's nearly gone, but... I had a nightmare that caused me to scratch the jujubees outta my legs, and so it got infected, caused me to get a fever, yadda yadda. The only plus side is that... well, that I'm improving, but now, I have a legit horror story to write. o_o; It was scarier than like... anything I've ever seen, any movie or anything. *shudder* It's like... IT mixed with Saw mixed with those Halloween movies.
Ohyeah.
But... there was a horse there that helped me get away in the dream. o_o Guess who that horse looked 100% like? Lulabelle. It was Lulabelle. xD So, bad dream, crazy ending. Ravv, your adoptable saved me in a dream. Be proud! O_O
Yes, I am still a little iffy on things. *ssh* I'm not crazy though.

Otherwise... I have a ton of new lovely reference pics I need made into Stable horsies, Rav. >:3

red_uni387

pokemon <3

I has one horsie I absolutely NEED as a stable horsie right now, and a bunch of backups :D
see how purty~

and I feel back for asking for events now D: Hope you have fun doing your stats HW, Rav <3

Silvanon

For anyone like myself who wants a handy pedigree database for their horsies:  http://www.silvanon.com/TheStable/index.php

It's exactly the same engine that runs the add-it-yourself Kennel pedigree database I did.  Anyone can go in and add new horses & owners.

Please note that it is encouraged to add other people's horses if it completes the pedigrees of your own.

(This was done with Rav's permission. ^_^ )

Ravvana

Quote from: Hunni on March 08, 2010, 06:58:44 PM
Full Set Of Items
Color:Pink (if you have it)
Breed:Light/female
Equip to:Summers New Smells
Price;11.5k

Full Set Of Items
Color:blue
Breed:Light/female
Equip to:Summers Sweet Breeze
Price;11.5k

Hunni, you forgot the SG again XD

But, anyway:
Items done to here!

And just a general notice for everyone, but item equips are much easier for me if you give me the ID rather than the name. Thanks :)

Will tackle outstanding breedings tomorrow.

red_uni387

eee thank you Silv! :D

and will remember that next time, then I don't have to type out the full name XD

edit: Rav, do you mind if I enter the foal out of Dizzy and Colby? I'd like Dizzy's pedigree to be complete :)

Pinkshadow

Quote from: Ravvana on March 08, 2010, 06:21:19 PM
Pinkshadow:

Appaloosa +1, smoky black -1 = no points

What is he? (In coloures)

springacres

Looks to me like he turned out either flaxen chestnut or palomino.

ETA: [quoteSilvanon]For anyone like myself who wants a handy pedigree database for their horsies:  http://www.silvanon.com/TheStable/index.php[/quote]

Thank you!! *bookmarks*

red_uni387

Does anyone know what coat YLO's Italian Radio is? I was going to add him to the pedigree site so I could add in Buddy with a complete pedigree and realized I have no idea what his coat color is XD
http://stable.colbyforkicks.com/gallery/v/Horse+Owners/YourLoveOnly/153.png.html

springacres

Looks like bay frame overo to me.

red_uni387

red_uni387

is Splitty's Moonlit Star just black? attempting to fill out all my horse's pedigrees right now XD
http://stable.colbyforkicks.com/gallery/v/Horse+Owners/SplitX/267.png.html

and Rav what coat do Colby and his foal have? :)

toffeeca

Breeding Request
Male:
Female:
Foaling Paddock:

I'm guessing I will get a blanket appaloosa

Male:
Female:
Foaling Paddock:

I have no clue what Madin carries, so I am just going to guess a roan dun