News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

TheStable: Welcome to 2010!

Started by Ravvana, January 08, 2010, 11:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springacres

Quote from: Silvanon on March 18, 2010, 11:11:23 AM
Fwuffly - your new baby tells you that Independence has At - sooty buckskin is a cream gene on brown, so you know now she carries brown.  You still don't know what the other agouti gene might be so, she's At? for now.
Actually, unless I'm mistaken, the sire looks like he's a very dark brown, not black.  So Independence could have an a gene and have passed that on while the sire passed on his At gene, resulting in a brown-based foal.  PM, what did you order Muiru as?

PonyMama

Muiru was gifted to me, but I found out today that he is not actually black but very very very dark bay

Ryuukokoro

Oooo congrats PM!! What a beautiful kid!

Garney you can totally use Ebil if you don't mind one who has already sired a foal out there. ^_^

PonyMama

Thanks for letting me use him Ryuu, I am so happy with the pretty draft girl.

Silvanon

Ah, yeah, if Muiru is bay then we don't know which parent gave the brown gene.  We do know that Muiru is heterozygous at the Agouti locus, he's either AAt or Aa.

springacres

Muiru is very gorgeous, btw.  I will have to keep him in mind for Jumaana's next breeding, to help pin down his other A locus gene :)  (she's a grulla, so she's aa E? D?)

PonyMama

ok, I have no idea how to pin down anything so of course, it is nice to figure out what my horses have

hiyoko

Name: Shoji
Breed: Light
Coat: Green eyes and a few white spots around his face?
http://www.meikleobneystud.co.uk/scotia_files/Gabbi.jpg

springacres

Quote from: PonyMama on March 18, 2010, 11:17:27 PM
ok, I have no idea how to pin down anything so of course, it is nice to figure out what my horses have

In that case, a good rule to remember is to breed to a horse that shows recessives.  Black means a pure recessive at the A locus (aa), so if you breed a black to a bay and the foal is brown (Ata), then you know the bay parent carries a brown gene (AAt).  If you get a black foal, the bay parent carries a black gene (Aa).  If you get a bay foal, but know that the bay parent is heterozygous for bay, then your best bet is to try again with a black (or blue roan, or grulla) mare.

PonyMama

Yeah I am just very very vconfused abotu all this stuff so I just listen to others and hope they are correct.  I bred two black horses as my very first breeding, I figured couldn't go wrong with that guess.  Yeah I was wrong, two black horses threw me a chestnut.  From there super confused, I have tried,a dn had many people explain with no luck so I will have fun and for those who enjoy gene figuring they can help me with mine if they wish :)
I will love them greatly for it too

springacres

lol, two blacks can throw a chestnut if they both carry the chestnut gene.  Gotta love surprises - my latest breeding is proof of that.  (Chestnut x grey = bay...who knew? *lol*)

Fwuffly

He was dark bay?  Rats, that really doesnt help to much with Independances genes :)  Nevermind a very pretty foal.

PonyMama

Sorry Fwuffly I didn't find out until after you bred them or I would have told you to switch to Kayode or YLO's guy

CutieePiee

Breeding Request

Guessing... Black Roan Dun Appaloosa!

Fwuffly

No problem PM - its just one of those things :)

PonyMama

I give permission to CutieePiee to use Binah for breeding

PonyMama

Breeding request
Male:
Female:
Foaling Paddock: In shiny

Possible outcome: White hiding bay (or just white if this guess is not allowed)

YourLoveOnly

Give Stud Permission
Horse: Should Be Loved (#033)
Owner: YLO
Service: stud
Recipient: PonyMama's Jamila (#038)

Of course hoping for a non-white foal to see what interesting genes Jamila is hiding ^^

Ravvana

hiyoko

Thanks Ravv, I love him and now I need a paddock.lol

Ravvana

CutieePiee:

Black roan blanket appaloosa: +1 black, +1 roan, -1 dun, +1 appaloosa = 6 points (owner), 3 points (foal)

PonyMama:

Golden buckskin: -1 white = no points

PonyMama

OOoh a pretty golden Buckskin, that is not white is it.  Hmmm I wonder what they will tell me.  Must go post for all the genetic figure-outers to figure it out

not too sure if I wanna keep her, I need some more males but having no luck

WillowDragon

Male Picture:

Female Picture:

Foaling Paddock:

My Guess: Mealy Bay Sabino filly (Mealy is ??pangare?? can't spell that  LOL)

W xx

P.S Wasn't going to use my other paddock so soon, but i can't help myself!  hehe  These are just too gorgeous! xx

CutieePiee

So pretty! Thank you, Rav!

And thanks, PM for letting me use your mare. I think I've figured a few things about Citlali's genes. I'll figure some for Binah too and post it in your thread a little later.  :)

PonyMama

thanks Cutiee, you definitley has a pretty little foal there

CutieePiee

And I definitely need to plot a golden buckskin. What a pretty lady.

Ravvana

WillowDragon:

Bay sabino: +1 bay, +1 sabino = 6 owner points, 3 foal points
(Pangare isn't actually coded in TheStable, so I couldn't give you points for that, although I do tend to give foals pangare if a parent has it.)

WillowDragon

Yay I got a mealy bay sabino!!!!   ;D   But its a boy!!  Nooooo!  *laughs*

Thanks Ravv, he's gorgeous.

Tribe

*snugs ravv*

So after getting into genetics for the ever so lovely stable ive went a little further into other adoptables and now my own with it and i thought i would tell you, since you started this ball rolling ive *FINALLY* decided to go get my GED and start classes for a major in genetics ^^ this is so seriously the most fun ive ever had with anything ive ever had to or wanted to learn.

My husband has even agreed to give me his military college pay and so i will get to do this all for free, which just makes my new dream even more a reality ^^ im so excited!

Math

Ravvana, I sent the money through Paypal instead since I got the co-operation from my parents to let me use it and not just money order. :)

I am now off to hunt for ... a few pairs to use some paddocks with. :D

Pinkshadow

this foal :

has been traded to TheKat

Math

Item Purchase
Item: Halter, JollyBall and all 3 medals
Color (for halter/JollyBall): Yellow
Breed/Gender (for halter): Male Gaited
Equip to: Lukas (once you finish him)
Price: 23k

Item Purchase
Item: 2 halters, 2 JollyBalls, and 2 full medal sets
Color (for halter/JollyBall): Yellow
Breed/Gender (for halter): Female Gaited
Equip to: Hayden and Alexis (when they are done)
Price: 46k

Total: 69k

Fwuffly

Grow Up Please!

Name - Tuppence

Full Set of items in red please!

CutieePiee

Breeding Request

Foaling paddock in Shiny

Guessing Buckskin Appaloosa.

YourLoveOnly

Give Stud Permission
Horse: Breakfast After Ten (#196)
Owner: YourLoveOnly
Service: Stud
Recipient: CutieePiee

Give RB Permission
Horse: Graceful Dancing (#160)
Owner: YourLoveOnly
Service: RB
Recipient: CutieePiee

Ravvana

Items done to here!

Pinkshadow: Trade is done. Please PM trades in the future, though.

Fwuffly:

CutieePiee:

Smoky black leopard: -1 buckskin, +1 appaloosa = no points

YourLoveOnly

Oooh, awesome foal. I'll update genetics once Lookky goes home.

Math

Breeding Request
Male Image:

Female Image:

Foaling Paddock:

I'm hoping for a bay tovero :) *random guess there!*

CutieePiee

Wow, they totally surprised me. Pretty foal though. Thanks Rav & YLO.  :)

springacres

Ooh, Cutie, gorgeous foal!

Math - just FYI, perlino isn't possible from that pair, since the sire doesn't have a cream gene (perlino is double cream gene with bay, so both parents would have to have cream)  However, with a mare like that you are very likely to get something gorgeous anyway :)

Math

What would be possible? I'm clueless about genetics.  :-\

Ravvana

Math:

Bay tovero (tobiano + splash): +1 tobiano, +1 overo, -1 perlino = 3 owner points, 2 foal points

Math

Ooh... he turned out to be quite the stunner!

Tribe

Oh man math ^^ that babies to die for!

hiyoko

Paddock- in shiney
I'm hoping for a blanket appaloosa

Silvanon

Ravvana

Ravvana

Hiyoko:

Sooty buckskin snowflake appaloosa: +1 appaloosa, -1 blanket = no points

Silvanon

Yay!  Muse is all grown up!  Thank you Rav!!

TheKat

Grow up please?

Name: Syrup

Thanks so much, Ravv!