News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Colibri ~ flitting your way!

Started by SkySong, August 03, 2011, 12:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfilly94

RandomGeekyGuy

* chuckles * most people just either call me Random or RGG. if there's something else i need to do that i haven't yet, please let me know. im quite new here. ^^:

Ravvana

Take your time with these. Just wanted to type them all up at once :)

Pink/Blue Feeder:
Name: Lapis Lazuli
Owner: Ravvana
Feeder: Pink

Pink/Blue Feeder:
Name: Puzzle
Feeder: Blue

Pink/Blue Feeder:
Name: Nocturne

Red/Purple Feeder:
Name: Aurora
3 markings/color: Rainbow palate; other than that just go crazy with her <3
Feeder: Red

Red/Purple Feeder:
Name: Glinda
3 markings/color: Pink, white, blonde; sparkles, swirls, magical/princess looking stuff XD
Feeder: Red

Red/Purple Feeder:
Name: Monarch
3 markings/color: Black, orange, white; monarch butterfly mimic markings
Feeder: Purple

Red/Purple Feeder:
Name: Percival
3 markings/color: Grey, purple, tangerine; zebra stripes and artist's choice
Feeder: Purple

Wildfilly94

Im owrking on RGG's feeders. :) Done iwht the female, just got the male to do <3

Ohh, then I'll work with Ravvs

SkySong

Ok. Keep yourself entertained, but remember to take your time with them. Colibri are supposed to be bright!

Lol, Random. I was considering Randie briefly, but I figured I'd leave it up to you. Over here it's pretty simple, and with the current active adopts you should be fine without having to post something ridiculously long or anything.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Wildfilly94

SkySong

Lol, if I thought you weren't, I'd be giving you the evil eye or something. :) I just know I have the tendency to want to rush when things get stacked, so wanted to make sure you don't try and zoom through everything, or anything.

Wildfilly94

I'm trying to think of interesting patterns with the crazy brushes I have. XD I need more. >.< I have a zillion, but I need some more variety. Grr.

RGG's feeders are done, as is Ravv's Percival. (Ive decided, my specialty is Organe Feeders. XD I feel like I'm gunna let everyone down when I do Pink/Blue, and Red/Purple. But I try. <3

When I send the files to SkySong, let me know what you two think of your Colibri please.

SkySong

Well, I actually don't often use brushes, actually. Try doing tribal if you get stuck. Not sure if photoshop has it, but I use fades a lot, and setting the brush to different sizes also works for feather tips and what not. Stripes on feathers... Oh, I also haven't done any underbelly or things like that. If you enjoy doing horse markings, you can work with those, as well. Feel free to make mimics if the feeder allows for it. :)

Ok, I'll try and get everything certed. If you want, just post the non-certed png so he can get a look, and then I'll cert once I've got names. :) Less work for me, but you don't have to if it's too much hassle.

Wildfilly94

I dont for horse coloring, rare when I do, but for these, Its hard not to. Lol. And tribal, ohh wow, Id die. O: *flails*

I'll post them <3 Just gotta save them as .png and upload them

Wildfilly94

- Percival

- RGGs girl

- RGGs boy

Do you like them? Want any changes? Anything?

SkySong

They're all shiny!  Love them. <3 If you want criticism, I might do a little pattern - maybe a fade on the girl's wings, but other than that, they all look good!

Wildfilly94

Okay thanks. :) If he wants that added, I'll do it and re-send the file <3

Ravvana

Percival is not at all what I was going for when I typed my form, but I think I like him even better than what I was expecting :) I love how colorful his splashy body is <3

SkySong

He is quite colorful. :) His grey is pretty light, but it works well with the other colors wild chose.

RandomGeekyGuy

Wild, you must already know me or something. O_O. my personal colors are blue and white, my fiancees are black and neon green. no lie, no joke, so they are PERFECT!

oh, and how do you submit your CYO? just post it here?

SkySong

RandomGeekyGuy

ok, here's my CYO, bg whited out so said the front page. ^^:

SkySong

Lol, I've had some confusion with whether the background should be whited or not, but since I can do both, that works for me. :) I just hope you realize that I will be adding shading and highlights on the very pretty bird you go there. Did you color it yourself?

RandomGeekyGuy

oh XD. i didn't realize i had to just flat color. should i take the shading layer off?

and yes, i did. ^_^

Wildfilly94

Your sure you like him Ravv??

And wow, some luck I had chosing the colors then, RGG. Lol! :)

SkySong

If you wish. You can see what he looks like with it on, and if you like it that way, then I'll cert it that way.

I'll also need names for him and your gifts. :)

RandomGeekyGuy

i'd like to see with the extra shading, please. seems if i dont like it, i'll have to recolor it. being the dork i am, i forgot to save the psd file. >.<

for him, - Toren
the girl - Zen
the black boy - Fox

SkySong

Ok. ^^ Here he is.

Are Rose and I the only ones who use gimp here? XD Ah well.

Wildfilly94

Lo I did use gimp, but after photoshop, Im not sure ill go back. XD Made a premaade, my style (horse)

Wildfilly94

Sending the psd file to you, sky, in a minute

RandomGeekyGuy

you know, i think he looks quite nice with the extra shading. i'll keep him like that!

SkySong

I'm kinda rebelling against photoshop. I do have a copy on hand, but I'm just so impossibly used to gimp that I'm not sure I'd like to go poking through a new program. And thanks, Wild. If you don't mind, you can send the files over. I'm up unusually late for me, and I'll probably miss something on the cert, so I'll get everything certed tomorrow when I'm thinking clearly.

He's gorgeous, Wild! You sure you don't want to keep him as your own? I don't remember you sending in anything for coloring, only the cyo.

And ok, rgg! Like I said, I'll get everything certed tomorrow when my brain has had some time to rest.

RandomGeekyGuy

no complaints here. ^_^ sleep well!

Wildfilly94

Lol, thats how I was too, but gimp has everything photoshop has, and more. <3 Its a little complex to start with, but after you play with it for a while, it gets better. I downloaded some gimp brushes to my photoshop, as I eeded a certian one to do roan patterns. :p

And hmm.. if your okay with it, I'll keep him, but if you want to use him for anything, I'll give him up. I dont mind

SkySong

Go ahead and keep him. :) Hopefully I'll be able to end my procrastination streak and get to work tomorrow, so by the end of the day there shouldn't be any need for an extra.

I'll be staying awake a little longer, since I pulled a story up and am a complete and utter readaholic, and cannot let a story rest unless I can not even try to understand what I'm reading. So, I'll be online till I finish or till I crash, hopefully the later doesn't come to. I have the terrible habit of staying up all night, and I've been trying to keep it broken.

Luv007

Wow.... I went to bed and missed a ton.  Lol.

Thank you for my silk tree!!  If wild hadn't chosen door #7 first, I would have been out of luck.  Lol.  Since my number was chosen, I picked my sisters.  Lol.  But yay!!

And all the new Colibri are beautiful!!  I especially love the blue girl!  And the RGG cyo!

Wildfilly94

Ohkay, thanks!

I'll name him Jack

Kadana Sorano

Quote from: Rosewood on August 13, 2011, 03:20:33 PM
I colored Kadana's two white feeders, will try and get to luv's two later.

Here they are so she can them them latter.

Oh awesome!  I love these, let's see.. I shall name the girl Cleopatra and the male Caesar :)

For todays purchase.. I'd like to buy another Multi Colored Butterfly Bush and hmm that last white feeder (if it's still available, if not I'll take a purple butterfly bush.)  Sending payment for all 3 items, will send each separately so you can cancel whichever wasn't available/purchased.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Luv007

I'll take 2 Red Butterfly Bushes, or 1 Red Butterfly Bush and 1 Fine Spider Silk.  Whatever is in the inventory.  :)

Sending Payments Seperate Now.

SkySong

Ok, I'll get the invent updated, then get certing, then get to coloring, since that's way over due. Sorry for goofing off lately. xD

Luv007

Hey, adoptables are NOT your life.  Lol.  Take your time and goof off all you want. :)

We'll still love your Colibri at the end of the day.

I really need to reply to messages.......

SkySong

The past week begs to differ. :D And I don't like keeping people waiting, even if it's for something like this, which will remain digital, never coming to the real world. :)

Wildfilly94

2Reglar silk things please. Forgot the name of them. XD

SkySong

Sure, Wild. I've finished certing, Rose is gonna work on luv's customs, so I'll start on Rav's.

EvanescentHowling

Two normal spider silks please :) sending sg.
And I will use one of my white feeders and my bluefeeder.

Pink/Blue Feeder:
Name: Name it later please?
Owner: EvanescentHowling

White Feeder:
Name: Name it later please?
Owner: EvanescentHowling

SkySong

Sure, Evie. Not sure how long they'll have to wait, but they'll be done eventually. :)

Rosewood

OK, I did luvs two....

(wasn't sure how to get something tangled related on to her. XD)

Let me know if you want any changes made.

Wildfilly94

Wow they are gorgeous!

I'll tackle evies. :)feeling a little artsy.

Rosewood

Ok, I have to get off, there is a storm coming. Will get on tomorrow to color more.

SkySong

If you want. :) Rav still has a bit needing to be done, though, so working on some of hers as well would be appreciated.

Ok, Rosewood! Thanks for coloring those two.

Edit: Evie, I tried to depixelize the CYO you sent me, but I'm not sure how well that actually worked. If you intentionally wanted pixels, I can switch the one you sent me in.

Wildfilly94

I'll try <3

Evies Blue and White feeders:

Any changes needed? How are they?

Wildfilly94

I tried.. >.< Too afraid I'll mess them up and they wont look good enough. :/

SkySong

You don't have to do anything you don't want to. :) And don't be afraid to mess up. That's what Ctrl Z is for. :D

Hm... I probably wouldn't have used such a bright color for the feet on the first one, but that's just my personal preference. The second would probably look good with some sort of easily visible marking on the main body, perhaps a light fade from the end up in a pale yellow or something. But I like the patterns you have on both of them, I think you did a great job on them!

EvanescentHowling

SkySong, with or without pixels is perfectly fine with me whichever is easiest for you!

and Wild those are so, so gorgeous!