News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

~Fables~ Floating into Secundi...

Started by Luv007, June 19, 2011, 08:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luv007

Summer has been named!

She may participate in claiming games now!

BabyKittenCandy

So Both my Fables may take part and be roleplayed? *ish excited*

Luv007

Correct.  Hence the fun of the Fables... the more you own, the more you can participate!

I will specify if a user may only enter with one Fable, but daily claiming is open one entry per Fable, not per user.  :)

Ravvana

Dream Entry:
Shara once dreamed that she was in a strange castle, floating high above the ground. The castle's walls were made of water, and Shara initially took a childish delight in running through them, feeling the cool water break against her body. But unbeknownst to her, the more walls she ran through, the more her own body began to turn into water itself. She began to feel strange, and noticed in horror that she had become as liquid as her environment. She was standing on a grassy courtyard at the time of her discovery, admiring the bright flowers and powerful trees nourished by the strange castle's walls. And, slowly, she found her own body being absorbed into the ground. Well, she thought, it would not be bad to nourish these plants. But instead her fluid body dripped its way all the way down through the solid earth, and poured from the castle in a burst of rain. Her body's rain watered a formerly barren patch of earth, turning it into a lush meadow. Once the rain had hit the ground, Shara's true form returned to her, and she stood dazed in the tall grass. Seeing her new environment, she vowed to live in this place, a place blessed by the mystic rain.

She woke with a start in a similar meadow, surrounded by the members of her new herd.

~~~

RP Entry:
White Walker, Julianna, and Shara have been getting acquainted over in this thread:
http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4710.0.

Luv007

Thanks, Ravv!  I've been watching the RP and love what you all are doing with it.  I'll go ahead post you guys as entrants in the contest... And maybe see about getting another one going to end the week with a mini finale.  I'd like to wrap up the experiment with breeding next week and open up the Fables to everyone, but we'll have to see how that goes.

Becoming an agency, would make things a lot more simple, but if we don't, I'm going to start a website up to sort out all the confusing parts of the Fables stuff.

Luv007

I'm thinking about coloring up a few more Fables to join the herds.  I think more Fables would help us gets these squares given out faster and I think it would give more options for breeding.  Anyone have any objections to get new additions to your herds??

Ravvana

I would love to RP a second Fable, so no objections from me <3

Since the square claiming is going slowly, could we maybe switch from alternating claims to each herd posting all their claims at once? I've noticed in the help threads that both herds are eying completely different sections of the grid, so I doubt arguments would arise. I just don't want us to lose out on one of our favorite squares because it gets given away in a daily claim XD

Also, did Sokanon claim the last square we won in the last daily claim? I don't think so...

Herd: Sokanon
Square: F4
Terrain: Water

Luv007

I'll go back and double check that and I was thinking of suggesting that myself, Ravv...   I'll go check about that square and after I do that, I'll come back and post how many squares each herd has left to claim and they can be claimed in a lump sum.  It will be easier for me and I think I will continue to have that happen later when I have flatsales and auctions first.  Whoever posts for the square first gets it, but I doubt two different herd are going to want the same square...

Any other suggestions?

Also, new people might be allowed to claim the Fables I plan to add to your herds... Would that be okay?

springacres

Luv007

QuoteDaily Claiming Summary:
June 27- Favorite Book- E4- Sokanon
June 28- (my mistake)
June 29-Meet my Fable-B2-Sokanon
              -Free Square-D5-Sokanon
June 30-Unusual Fact-F4-Sokanon
July 1-Friendship-B3-To Be Announced
July 2-Dreams-C4-To Be Announced

So let me go run that square for you!

Luv007

Marbles Secrets has 3 squares left to claim for herd members.
Sokanon has 2 squares left to claim for herd memebers (including the extra square Ryuu won).

Please go ahead and post for all squares your herd would like.

Now, question for other artists... Do you know how to make "stamps" for the purpose of grid square claiming when this opens to Secundi?  Or should I just take initials and type them in?

Ravvana

Square: E5
Terrain: Land

Square: E6

I'm open to new members, as well :) Although I selfishly want another Fable myself XD;;

Wildfilly94

Ohh, I'd love a chance to snag a Fable. :3

Luv007

:)  I'll get to coloring some new ones up and open a simple little flatsale soon.

I want to keep the numbers few until I get some organization figured out, but as an active participant and owner already, you have a higher chance of getting a Fable through grid squares and whatnot.

*runs off to run random.org and update grid*

Luv007

Updated and Sokanon has another square to claim... going to go color Kah her Story after I get the kids up.  I can hear them playing in their rooms.

Neocridders

I'm really sorry I've been behind on square claiming for my herd. I've been really busy the last few days and I've just not been online much at all. I am really sorry.

Neocridders

Herd: Marbled Secrets
Square: g3

Should I go ahead and post the other two? Or do I need to wait turns still? (Sorry if I misunderstood something)

Luv007

Neo, you can go ahead and post for the other two squares.  That way we can speed things up.  It was just taking too long so from now on, a herd can claim their square as soon as their horse is certed and whomever posts first for the square gets the square if two herds are competeing.

And Neo, RL is more important as are many of your other duties.  You have been the most active one in your herd, so no problem at all.  I'm actually quite impressed with your participation. :)

Luv007

Kahlira's Premade Story, and the first story to be released:

Neocridders

I feel like these two squares would be best for us right now. I know my group didn't agree to these two squares, but I think in order to keep us a little separated from the other herd it would be best.
If anyone in my herd doesn't like this decission, let me know. PM me, and next time I'll be sure to not make choices before the group is ok with it.

Herd:marbled secrets
Square:f3
Terrain:water

Herd:Marbled Secrets
Square:e3
Terrain:water
Jinx thinks that those spots would be most benificial since the other herd has claimed territory so close.

Luv007

Neo, I posted your herd's prizes and it looks like you've gained a member so you have another square to claim!

Luv007

@springacres:  I'll color up your story soon.  I just colored him and his adult form and didn't save them so I'm going to redo them either tonight after dinner or in the morning. :)

Kahlira

That is one gorgeous story! O.O I find myself staring, and wondering.. is it male or female? So to know if she should be Abigail or Gunther. (loves both names) But if it's unknown... Hrm.. Aranck (Which means, fittingly enough  Stars)

Neocridders

Wow. All of those names would be lovely XD I really like them. And that's a lovely story.

Neocridders

Herd:Marbled Secrets
Square: f2
Terrain: land

Luv007

That is a she.  I'm sorry for the confusion.  I colored her adult up and didn't even think of the fact that gender isn't specific on the stories.  Maybe Leet can fix that for me at some point, but for now, it's not a big deal.  :)

Glad you like her.  So would you like to name her Abigail or Aranck?  They are both beautiful!

I'm on a starry kick so I may be coloring up another baby with stars, but springacres will have a boy and of course, different colors.  I'm going to make the flatsale babies more abstract.  That should give you some options when it comes to breeding next week.

Kahlira

Abigail xD

Yay! She is a stunner definately. Time to work on her profile.

Luv007

Good idea, and I'll go cert her now... She's got a beautiful name.

Luv007

Neocridders

He's so pretty :O Congrats to everyone who won a story/fable XD

Luv007

He's not as in your face bright and gorgeous, but I think he is a handsome little devil!  Keep playing in the competitions and you're bound to win another sometime!

Luv007

For springacres:

QuoteSemi-Custom Form:

Name:
Inspiring Word:

Luv007

New stuff!  Read the red in the first posts!

Then ask questions... bc I need to know what I left out!

Wildfilly94

Ohh, I love the other jobs!! :D Gives the herd memebers more opportinuies and fun! <3

Luv007

How should we work Studs for the purpose of breeding?

I thought about saying that Stud's don't need to give permission for breeds, but that makes things complicated.

So I'm thinking that you should still need to give permission, but during breeding month/week in this case, you have to be in the same herd.

And during claiming months/week in this case, you can submit forms for breeding between other herds that you share a border with... I think that makes sense bc during claiming week, more "travel" will be happening where as during breeding, herd members are going to want to stick together...

Opinions??

Wildfilly94

Hmm.... So what your saying is ask permission for using studs, and if you share a border, you cn breed to the other herd? How do we (Well, I) know if I share a border with a certian opossite herd member? Lol. :p

Ryuukokoro

I would prefer to have permission posted for studs. Not that I would refuse anyone who asks to use my studs, but I don't want a million children from my characters running around with myself having no say in the matter lol.

Kahlira

I'd say permission is always a good thing, though I doubt anyone would deliberately use the same stud to make him overbred (I know they're all safe from Jul, she prefers to help with other people's foals)

So yeah, I'd say permission is good.

Luv007

That's the way I was thinking that the vote may go.  I would feel that way too about my own Fables honestly.

@wildfilly94-  You will know if you share a border by looking at the grid squares.  In this case, a S stands for herd Sokanon and a M stands for herd Marbled Secrets.  But for this week's breeding, you may only breed within your herd.

I would suggest to everyone to go ahead and try to make contact with herd members about this.  Also, I know a certain semi-custom form from a member of herd MS that I'm waiting on. :)

Luv007

Luv007

I'm hopping off to go to bed so I have energy to do everything tomorrow!

Just post any breeding forms in the thread and if you are having trouble getting a hold of certain breeding items, just let me know.  We'll see what we can work out!

Wildfilly94

Job Form:
Fable Name: Estella
Owner Name: Wildfilly94
Herd Name: Sokanon
Job Requested: Midwife #2

Breeding Form:
Father Name: Lichen
Father Owner: Ryuu (I'll have her post permission prolly tmorrow)
Mother Name: Estella
Mother Owner: Wildfilly94
Items Used: *Pending untill I get a nest or make up an RP LOL*

Ravvana

Job Form:
Fable Name: River
Owner Name: Ravvana
Job Requested: Builder

Pinkshadow

Might be me there is stupid, but i don't really get the breeding thing?

I've seen 2 ppl get premade stories now, but dunno how they got em, i read the rules, and still don't quite understand?
- do u pm ppl to borrow their fable or? :s

Kahlira

Job Form:
Fable Name: Julianna
Owner Name: Kahlira
Job Requested: Midwife

Luv007

Quote from: Pinkshadow on July 03, 2011, 04:46:09 AM
Might be me there is stupid, but i don't really get the breeding thing?

I've seen 2 ppl get premade stories now, but dunno how they got em, i read the rules, and still don't quite understand?
- do u pm ppl to borrow their fable or? :s

The stories that have been awarded thus far have been found hiding on grid squares claimed by herds.  When a herd claims a square, I run a list of items and Fables.  Sometimes a person is awarded a premade story and sometimes someone is awarded a breeding item and sometimes someone is awarded building materials.  But regardless, EVERY time a square is claimed, a prize of some sort will be given out.  Each square holds some sort of prize.

Breeding can happen in one of two ways.

1.  You have Nesting Straw and a male and female who would like to breed.  You post the form, and they have a baby or two.

2.  You don't have nesting straw, but you have a male and female you would like to breed.  So instead of using an item, I'll take a small written love story about the two Fables you would like to breed.  Depending on how inspiring your story is may just depend on how inspired I am when I am coloring your stories!

Pinkshadow

Thanks luv , that made me understand it better :D

Job Form:
Fable Name: Ina
Owner Name: Pinkshadow
Herd Name: Marbled Secrets
Job Requested: Midwife

Job Form:
Fable Name: Zack
Owner Name: Pinkshadow
Job Requested: Border Protector

Luv007

Wonderful.  I'm just sorry for the confusion.  I keep putting off making a website for these guys. I don't want to hold my breath and not become an agency, but if we do, I don't want to have put a ton of work into a system of organization that isn't neccessary.  So I will start working on a website July 5th... That way I know if I want it to include the organization that we could otherwise gain by being an agency or whether I can just make a wesite full of rules for everyone to review and go over.

I remember the Murrah by Shayrah had a very complicated RP system, but an excellent organization system.  I might have to look Shayrah up on PI and get some tips and look over how she organized her stuff. :)

Luv007

Winner for yesterday's contest has been posted!

Congrats to Ravv and Kah!

How does everyone feel about the daily contests?  It seems like there aren't too many participants.  Should I be making it an every other day contest?  Should I be making it more simple as far as the games go?  Should I give a the contests out a week ahead of time to give people more time to enter??

Pinkshadow

Sadly i just forget them, sometimes i think their abit hard to find in the thread :o