News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Horses] Horses want to be adopted by YOU!

Started by Horses, March 07, 2011, 02:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horses

Silvanon and Ahat stand together next to an immense pile of scrolls.  "Hello everyone!" Silvanon calls out.  "Many of you have already been introduced to the Horse species from Gavania at the beginning of the March Quinsta breeding season, and many of you expressed interest in adopting a Horse into your home.  I'm happy to announce that adoptions will now be possible."

"Ethendil and I have created summoning scrolls to help facilitate the adoption process.  You can purchase the summoning scrolls from the Horses adoptable store for a hefty SG sum.  Scrolls can be used by going to the Use Agency Items page found in the Your Account area, selecting the Horses agency, and then choosing which of your scrolls you would like to use."

"There are scrolls of various different power levels available.  Higher power level scrolls will allow you to summon your Horse with a greater level of precision.  When you use a summoning scroll, you will be given a form to help you fix firmly in your mind the traits you would like your adoptive Horse to have.  The scroll will then open a portal to Gavania and bring through a Horse who is waiting to be adopted.  If you focus well, the scroll will choose whichever waiting Horse most closely matches your specifications."

"Scrolls are one time use only - if you wish to adopt additional Horses you will need to purchase more scrolls to summon them with.  Scrolls are purposefully expensive because it could rip apart the fabric of reality (kill the server) if too many Horses were summoned at the same time."

"Because scrolls are expensive and you only get one chance to summon correctly, I highly recommend that you look over the list of markings and mutations here and plan in advance what you would like."

"I understand from studying the Horses on Gavania that they are able to have children, with the help of a special magical object.  Once there is a sufficient Horse population on Secundi I will arrange to import some of those objects."

"Ahat and I tried out the summoning scrolls several times this morning and he successfully arrived via summoning.  If you have your doubts about the process, take a look at him and decide.  :)"

Ahat cheerfully adds, "We are looking forward to many Horses finding wonderful homes here on Secundi.  Thank you, everyone!"

Leafy

Yay :3 after the SG auctions I'll have something else to spend lots of SG on XD

springacres

YourLoveOnly

Shiny new thing <3
Although I'm confused what is a pattern and what is a marking.

Silvanon

Ah, sorry, Markings are the same thing as Patterns, I need to change the scroll descriptions.  I had to set those up before I'd actually coded the thing.  ^^

Keilin Alyr

Oh my goodness, this is awesome! I haven't been this excited since I genned my first PI pony way way back in the day, and these are far better art. =)

My girl looks like she was stealing dill pickles from me. I love her spots. XD

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Willow

Sooo, in the 'Text' part, we write everything we'd like i.e Mane colour,body colour, marking colours etc??

Just making sure I get everything right >3>
~Willow

Ravvana

Is a snip an option for a marking? It's not on the page, but it is a common marking, and one needed for my Sean mimic *whistles innocently*

And the marking page makes it look like we need to choose "hair" as a marking as an option... is that correct?

Alnaeyah

springacres

Actually, Ravv, that seems to be a mutation.

springacres

YourLoveOnly

It seems to be the default hair and not a mutation, but maybe I'm looking wrong XD I don't think there are any mutations yet.

Keilin Alyr

I sense a toxic shaman presence! Quick, Alnaeyah, we need to hire a runner team! A good one this time!

...I'm not a roleplay dork, I swear. XD

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Silvanon

When you're selecting which scroll to use, you don't need to select a Horse or put anything in the text field (those are there for when you're using a Name Plate).  Once you've selected the type of scroll, you'll be given the appropriate form to fill out.

Rav - I haven't included a snip marking yet, but I'll definitely add on in.  I plan to do many more markings in the future, these are just the ones I got done for now.  The examples page shows both markings and mutations.  Hair is a Mutation (it needs its own shading layer).  Right now the hair is the only mutation.  Later there will be other hair styles and probably various wings and whatnot.   If you want a hairless Horse just don't select a mutation as you're filling out the form.

Alnaeyah

Quote from: Keilin Alyr on March 07, 2011, 02:36:40 PM
I sense a toxic shaman presence! Quick, Alnaeyah, we need to hire a runner team! A good one this time!

...I'm not a roleplay dork, I swear. XD

We definitely need a better team than last time, that was way too messy and the toxic shamans are multiplying.

We are roleplay geeks admit it Keilin. ^^

Scullisto

Everyone...Meet Mardi Gras...Just in time for Fat Tuesday!

Keilin Alyr

All kinds of awesome right there, Scullisto. He looks great. =)

Alnaeyah

Ravvana

Quote from: Silvanon on March 07, 2011, 02:37:01 PM
When you're selecting which scroll to use, you don't need to select a Horse or put anything in the text field (those are there for when you're using a Name Plate).  Once you've selected the type of scroll, you'll be given the appropriate form to fill out.

Rav - I haven't included a snip marking yet, but I'll definitely add on in.  I plan to do many more markings in the future, these are just the ones I got done for now.  The examples page shows both markings and mutations.  Hair is a Mutation (it needs its own shading layer).  Right now the hair is the only mutation.  Later there will be other hair styles and probably various wings and whatnot.   If you want a hairless Horse just don't select a mutation as you're filling out the form.

Okay, thanks :) Although it looks like Sean is going to be a more complicated custom than is (at least currently) available - star, snip, sock x2, and dapples = 5 markings, oops. I'll start with Colby and hope that a super magic advanced scroll is one day discovered XD

Scullisto

That was way to much fun....I see now that I will have no SG after this...time to start competing again!

springacres

I've imported three already, but the first one that popped out of my portal almost blinded me xD

Cyr'wesin says hello!

Silvanon

*nods*  I will likely add at least a few more scroll types in the future.  And if all else fails, once breeding gets going it should be fairly straightforward to get a Horse with various specific markings in the colors you want.  Their inheritance system is fairly simple.

Kahlira

jojo

A Horse trots in neighing HER (not his, typo o_O) hello~

Silvanon

^_____^  I'm really glad you guys are enjoying them.

*stretch*  Ok, with all the trying to get these coded quickly, I only got 3 hours of sleep last night.  ^^  I'm going to go take a nap now.  I'll be back online later tonight.  If by chance anyone runs into any bugs please post them here and I'll look at them when I get back.

Scullisto

OMG squeeeel with delight..this is so much fun!!!

Winged

Well my first horse, Beginnings didn't seem to like me much... she thinks that we clash. However, Erot and i get on much better :)

Beginnings

Erot
Owner of Gliders!

springacres

I goofed on this boy's form (his hair was supposed to be a pinkish red) but he's gorgeous anyway!

Alnaeyah

Scullisto

PonyMama

I decided go with a coupel random forms,
I got some bright horses, the one reminds me and hubby of joker

Scullisto

zarzamora

mwhahaha

springacres

I think the random scrolls are my favorite x)  Even if they do give very odd color combos.

springacres

zarzamora

Keilin Alyr

Oh man, she is all kinds of awesome, spring. I have no clue why, but I think the bizarre olive and neon green horses are becoming my favorites. XD

Kahlira

Zazzy made a supah bright one XD

Two randoms and a pretty single =D

Juliette (She's got a leetle pastern)

Romeo (He's spotty)

And Mourning Dew (she's swirly)

Scullisto

lol I like the swampy look there spring....

ooo Zaz'z random is pretty!

They all are so cool!

Keilin Alyr

I was hoping I'd see a swirly patterned Horse before too long. She's gorgeous, Kahlira! =)

Kahlira

I think I like the swirly best so far XD

Dunno want to make moar!

Neocridders

Neo just has to have a bazillion. Yes. This is the best sg sink EVARRR.
<3 <3
My two randoms:

My first, a girl named Juniper

My second, a boy named Buck

I'm going to save my other scroll for later. <3 <3

YAY!

Deekkru

I wasn't going to....

(Girl, named Kirta)

But now I just want more! XD *grumbles at her low sg stash*

Scullisto

Had to try the swirly!

*edit...grabbied the wrong one...lol

Kahlira

I love this SG sink =D

Seriously XD

Maddyis a pretty green XD Love her!!

Dirk reminds me of spring >.>

I want more XD *looks at SG* Hmm..

Kahlira

Scullisto

My gosh Silv...these are like potato chip...I cant have just one...lol

I <3 the new shiny sg sink!

*edit...Thank you Kah!

BabyKittenCandy

Omg! I think i concentrated too hard >.<

I love black, I do.. but she was supposed to have some purple and icy blue in there too! lol

Meet Kaylane:

springacres

They're worse than potato chips.  Even when your random ones seem to indicate a serious green kick.

Scullisto

We need to have a Horses show.  You guys came out with some really pretty ones I am enjoying this too much!