News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The Gift Of Friendship

Started by red_uni387, April 17, 2010, 03:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_uni387

As stated in the help thread, I haven't seen as much gifting here so here's an entire event dedicated to just gifting to others :D We're gonna do this how Kat suggested, which is like this:

1. When people join have them fill out a small form about themselves (username, favorite colors, favorite patterns, that sort of thing).
2. Match people up, not so they have each other but like I would have you, you would have Echo, echo might have Wolfy who would have me, sort of thing, so no one has who they are gifting to and it increases the suspense.
3. Gather all the images of the adoptables as you had mentioned before but number them.  either add it to the image or post it in the notes of that image, but make sure they are numbered.
4. Allow the person who is gifting to go through and sort of 'shop' based on what the person mentioned they liked for which one they want to gift to them.  That way they feel as if they are actually taking part in picking out and gifting the adoptable to the person themselves.  If they cannot find something that perfectly meets the person's requirements they still get to pick something out they feel the person would really love.  It makes everyone feel very involved.  This is rather than you going through and picking something for the person yourself.  It adds a more community and person to person aspect to the event.

Interested in participating? Please read the next post for directions on how to join the fun :D

red_uni387

How to Join

Please fill out and post this form by April 18 15:00. At that time, Fangy will take everyone that filled out a form and figure out how will be gifting to who. She will send each of you a PM telling you who you will be 'shopping' for, and once you've decided what to 'purchase' for that person, send a PM to Echowing tell who you are gifting to and what critter. Then Echo will PM your gift to the person and where to send certing info!

Username:
Favorite Animal:
Favorite Colors:
Patterns You Like:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Place:
Anything Else ou Want To Add:

red_uni387

The Shopping Center

Once the deadline for posting forms has past, I will edit in the link to the PB folder with all the donated critters :)

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/red_uni387/Gifting%20Event/

and as indigo added below, there's also 2 semi custom TR:HR <3

red_uni387

Thank You All!

I was expecting to take forever planning this event, having to save and purchase most of the pets avaliable. Seeing this much response to it and getting donated every single critter needed was just shocking. Thank you guys, so much <3 You really show that the world is a much better place than it's steorotyped to be. *squishes*

Neocridders

Username:Neocridders
Favorite Animal:Frogs and Owls
Favorite Colors:Yellow, White, Purple, Pink
Patterns You Like:I like stripey things and I love dapples and spots.
Favorite Food:Pizza or Ice-cream
Favorite Place:Savannah, Georgia, USA
Anything Else ou Want To Add:My name is Savannah, I love to read, and I love animals. I enjoy participating in adoptables that are more than just a picture on a page, I love adoptables that have a good community, can breed, trade, and have other interactions, but I do love pretty pictures. I really like just about anything cute and fluffy, or even wicked cool. Hehe. I'm pretty good with anything. Thanks for this wonderful event.

Willow

Username:Willow
Favorite Animal:Dog or Dolphin...can't decide >3>
Favorite Colors:Browns,Creams,Pale blues
Patterns You Like:Splats,Swirls,Spots or natural things.
Favorite Food:Choccies :D
Favorite Place:My lounge,with a nice warm fire ^^
Anything Else You Want To Add:<3 this idea :)

~Willow

Solistia

Username: Solistia
Favorite Animal: Respledant Quetzal
Favorite Colors: Light colors
Patterns You Like: any that look nice XD (not too picky)
Favorite Food: Green Bean with Carmalized Onions and Toasted Almonds *o* (chocolate is always good too!)
Favorite Place: Nature X3 (or my computer ;;>A> )
Anything Else ou Want To Add: I must admit, I have  ahuge weakness for cute, adorable, and fluffy things X3 I'm an easy person to shop for as I'm all about "it's the thought that counts"! I never trade away a gift X3

sera

Username: sera
Favorite Animal: Horses, horses, horses, horses!  *stops singing and wonders if anyone will get the reference* xD;
Favorite Colors: Black, red, silver
Patterns You Like: Paisley, merle, stripes, blood bay
Favorite Food: Sushi.
Favorite Place: Hrms. . . toss up between Texas and Japan
Anything Else You Want To Add: *sings some more* i've got a lovely bunch of coconuts, deedillydee dee. . . *coughs* ^^  Glad to see this event up and going! ^^

Garney

Username: Garney
Favorite Animal: horses, dragons
Favorite Colors: black, red, silver
Patterns You Like: dapples or splotches (ie, paint horses)
Favorite Food: sweet and sour chicken
Favorite Place: on horseback on a beach
Anything Else ou Want To Add: Spoon!

Solistia

Just have to comment that Garney's Tick reference made me giggle with glee X3

Pinkshadow

Username: Pinkshadow
Favorite Animal: Unicorn & Wolf
Favorite Colors: Pink, Wine Red, Black & Navy Blue
Patterns You Like: Foral Swirls, Tiger Stripes, Splash
Favorite Food: Tzaziki, Strawberrys, Samon w/ potatoes
Favorite Place: Forests
Anything Else ou Want To Add: I Love the Twilight Saga :D

Math

Username: Math
Favorite Animal: Hmm... I can't decide between dogs (tan pointed dogs are love!), horses (I love bays and palominos!) and cats. :)
Favorite Colors: Yellow (<3) and then purple. :) I also like natural browns. I also like the colour that you find on palomino horses. :)
Patterns You Like: Stripes, and solids. And dapple/other horse patterns. :) And creamy colours... (pastel colours, I just call them creamy colours xD)
Favorite Food: Ribs and rice... and shrimp. I am carnivorous. xD And I love my Chinese food!
Favorite Place: Phoenix, Arizona in the desert on a trail ride, or riding around in an arena for leisure :)
Anything Else ou Want To Add: I adore my cat Cielo <3

Ember

Username: Ember
Favorite Animal: Hah! This changes so often but typically I like dog type things and big cats. <3
Favorite Colors: Red, orange, purples, blue, etc etc.
Patterns You Like: Swirls, stripes, mottled
Favorite Food: Chicken Parmesan <3
Favorite Place: Canada!
Anything Else You Want To Add: I love roleplayable adoptables, though anything that's sufficiently involved will make me happy.

Ryuukokoro

Username: Ryuukokoro
Favorite Animal: dragons, dogs, brightly colored birds like blue jays
Favorite Colors: lavender and sky blue
Patterns You Like: Tiger Stripes/Brindle, anything with sparkles!!!!
Favorite Food: ice cream, since I started working at DQ haha
Favorite Place: Home <3
Anything Else you Want To Add: This is an awesome idea, thank you guys for putting it together ^_^

springacres

Username: Springacres
Favorite Animal: Dogs, horses, cats
Favorite Colors: Purple, gold, tan, brown, gray
Patterns You Like: Brindle, pointed/himalayan
Favorite Food: Well, since you're making me choose...shellfish :)
Favorite Place: Home <3
Anything Else You Want To Add: Great idea, I look forward to seeing who I get to pick for!

Ryuukokoro

XD springacres stole my line!

CutieePiee

Username: CutieePiee
Favorite Animal: Tigers, dogs, horses
Favorite Colors: Pink, all shades of blue, and pastel colors
Patterns You Like: Dapples, paint, brindle
Favorite Food: Sushi (anything with salmon/tuna)
Favorite Place: Beach
Anything Else You Want To Add: *dances*

PonyMama

Username: PonyMama
Favorite Animal: Ring Tailed Lemurs and Cats
Favorite Colors: Blue, blue and more blue
Patterns You Like: Natural ones, and stripes
Favorite Food: Lasagna
Favorite Place: Home
Anything Else ou Want To Add: I so forgot to donate but at least a bunch of people were more generous then me XD.  great idea by the way

BabyKittenCandy

Username: BabyKittenCandy
Favorite Animal: Wolf
Favorite Colors: Purple, Red, Black
Patterns You Like: Brindle, naturals
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Place: Woodlands
Anything Else ou Want To Add: Music is the key, now where is the door?

Scullisto

Username: Scullisto
Favorite Animal: Gypsy Vanner Horses or Little Black Cats
Favorite Colors: Black/Purple/orange
Patterns You Like: Paint horse patterns/swirls
Favorite Food: Blueberry Cheesecake icecream
Favorite Place: Autumn Forest
Anything Else ou Want To Add: Halloween/Fall/werewolves/snowflakes

Goddesss

Username: Goddesss
Favorite Animal: Kittys, Doggys, Dragons
Favorite Colors: Pink, Purple, Teal
Patterns You Like: umummm, Swirls and stars
Favorite Food: oh oh sausage begals
Favorite Place: with my kiddos
Anything Else you Want To Add: Frumple!

kasatsu

Username: kasatsu
Favorite Animal: Cats!
Favorite Colors: Deep dark purple and uh blues.
Patterns You Like: Anything but polka dots D8 *hates bumpy stuff with a passion*
Favorite Food: Japanese, Cajun, Italian *isn't hard to please* As long as it's dead and not looking at me, we're fine.
Favorite Place: Uhhh . . . I think I will have to go with a three way tie of: England, Italy, and Japan
Anything Else ou Want To Add: Uh . . . *loses her train of thought and ability to think from tired*

red_uni387

Saiki

Username: Saiki
Favorite Animal: It's really a tie between cats and (big fluffy) dogs
Favorite Colors: Yellow, white, cream, and orange.
Patterns You Like: I love stripes and swirlies and spots and pretty much everything. XD
Favorite Food: Caramel. <3
Favorite Place: Anywhere with pine trees and snow.
Anything Else ou Want To Add: This is so awesome, many thanks! :D

SweetCaroline

Username: SweetCaroline
Favorite Animal: Dog
Favorite Colors: red & Black
Patterns You Like: paint
Favorite Food: Shrimp Lomain
Favorite Place: Woods by lake or stream
Anything Else ou Want To Add: I like soft natural colrs when not looking for specific favorites. Like all animals I have met so far. I enjoy playing games on the comp, writing poetry & attempting to draw. It's kind of relaxing. Can't stand loud clangy noises, (like the phone) *tosses phone into the street in front of a car* And I love soft, fluffy furry things. Thanks for having this event.
~SC~

Spixy

Username: Spixy
Favorite Animal: Horse, dog or cat xD
Favorite Colors: Blue, Red or White.
Patterns You Like: Socks - haha :P
Favorite Food: Pizza!
Favorite Place: Hm. In the water on a sunny warm beach I think :)
Anything Else ou Want To Add: This is an amazing idea, you guys rock <3

Sunchaser

Username:Sunchaser109
Favorite Animal:Wolf
Favorite Colors:Blue, Gold, Black and Silver
Patterns You Like:Stripes, flames and like stary skies
Favorite Food:NACHOS!
Favorite Place:anywhere my floofy is <.<
Anything Else ou Want To Add:I HAVE A WEDDING DRESS! <.< that is all lol

red_uni387

YourLoveOnly

Username: YourLoveOnly
Favorite Animal: Guinea pig, ocelot, cute and fluffy things xD
Favorite Colors: red, black, purple. pastels, naturals.
Patterns You Like: tiger stripes, Mstripe, paint, dapple.
Favorite Food: Chinese! And most fish.
Favorite Place: As long as I'm surrounding by loved ones I'm good.
Anything Else ou Want To Add: I totally lacked time to donate, sorryyy O.o
I think that's all I needed to say xD People know my favorite adopties I think (Akara, Clover Dragons, Stable, Garden Noms, Rodentia, pretty much all Garney and Silv adopties)

indigowulf

Username: indigowulf
Favorite Animal: wolves/dogs, horses, ferrets
Favorite Colors: green and blue and gold
Patterns You Like: natural ones
Favorite Food: red meat
Favorite Place: spokane, wa- home
Anything Else ou Want To Add: I have 2 semi-custom TR:HR to add, since I didnt get them colored while I had company (semi custom is pick gender, breed, and 1 genetic trait)

red_uni387

Thanks indigo :D

closed now, will edit in the link to the PB folder and Fangy will start PMing who will be gifting to who ^^

indigowulf

Here hun, throw this in the pb folder twice, since you need images for people to choose from:

Wolfs Fang

Ok, I finished PM'ing everyone. :) Please tell me if you're confused, if I made an error, or if you didn't get a PM. I double-checked to make sure I didn't leave out anyone, but I'm still paranoid that I messed up somehow. xD

~Fang
~~

Math

I got the person who I'm supposed to buy for. :) I already chose their gift and sent my selection off to Echowing.

Solistia

Also received my PM and purchased a gift :3

red_uni387

added those in indigo :)

*wiggles* so exciting~!

springacres

Received my PM and chose a gift as well, hope the recipient likes it!

red_uni387

if anyone hasn't sent their PM to echo yet, could I ask that you pick at least 2? there's already a few who've picked gifts that have already been gifted ^^'

sera

Wot will happen the pets that don't get picked?

red_uni387

those who donated them will get them back :)

Math

Did I pick a gift that has already been gifted?

Solistia

@red, what about hanging on to the extras so you can do another one of these threads, like maybe in a month or so? :3

red_uni387

Math - if you have Echo will be replying to your PM saying so

Solistia - you think people'd want to participate again?

Wolfs Fang

Quote from: red_uni387 on April 18, 2010, 06:02:29 PM
Math - if you have Echo will be replying to your PM saying so

Solistia - you think people'd want to participate again?

They probably would. xD If we do something like this again, can I have the same job as before? :3

~Fang
~~

Solistia

I don't know why not? I like this idea, and I enjoyed shopping for my selected partner (I actually went and did some research after reading through the form to make sure I got a good one X3)

springacres

I also enjoyed shopping for mine :)  It was fun seeing what everyone had donated and getting to pick one that both fit the person's specifications and was from an adoptable line that I knew they followed!  (I too did some research to make sure I got something they'd actually want)

Ryuukokoro

Sigh. It's really disappointing finding several pets you know your giftee will like and then being told they've all been taken already. -_-

Can we please get an update in the gift list about what is still available?

red_uni387

I'm waiting for the list from Echo, which she's typing up right now.

I think if this is gonna happen again...I wanna do it by myself so this doesn't happen D:

red_uni387

every critter that has been taken so far has had their title changed

and yes, if this is gonna happen again I'm gonna do it by myself so less mess occurs :(

Wolfs Fang

Quote from: red_uni387 on April 18, 2010, 07:58:58 PM
every critter that has been taken so far has had their title changed

and yes, if this is gonna happen again I'm gonna do it by myself so less mess occurs :(

Fangy isn't allowed to help? :( *sad* Not even if I just send out the PMs?

~Fang
~~